Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: South Sound Cruise-2017

Supporting Member Supporting Member bruceb's Avatar
    City
    Duvall
    State
    Great day on the water, wished we could have shared it with more boaters.
    Kelly, Colin and Cap'n Tim at Longbranch Marina, our second stop of the dayP1000694.jpg

Supporting Member Supporting Member bruceb's Avatar
    City
    Duvall
    State
    Shot at our third stop, Lakebay Marina for lunch and a couple other shots of the 31 Saratogan -looking spectacular as usual !P1000714.jpgP1000716.jpgP1000721.jpg

Supporting Member Supporting Member McSkagit Tim Jones's Avatar
    Boats(s)
    Skagit 31 Saratogan
    City
    Friday Harbor
    State
    Blog Entries
    Looks like I'm posting in the wrong thread. I'll move my stuff over here....

Monday's South sound cruise
    We had two boats for Monday's south sound cruise. The Saratogan, M/V Sweet Zoanna and Bruce's Skagit 20, Willa B. My cousin and family and Kelly and Collin comprised our crew. Weather was overcast as we departed about 10 AM from Olympia's Swantown Marina. Motored up to Boston Harbor marina for fuel as the new Swantown fuel dock is not yet open.

From Boston Harbor, we motored up to Felucy Bay, Longbranch Marina where we hung out for an hour and shot some pictures. From Filucy, we motored around McNeil Island. Saw a bunch of seals hauled out on Anderson Island, and an otter feeding on it's back off Gurtrude Island.

Next stop, Lakebay Marina. Got in there on a minus 3 tide. A little sketchy. Interesting marina. The management at Lakebay opened the restaurant for us. Had lunch there. Interesting place. Will post pics of it a little later.

Next stop was Horsehead Bay where we anchored, rafted up and had a happy hour. Super upscale homes in there. Just about got run over by jet skis and water skiers. A couple drops of rain, but the cloud cover burned off and we had a view of Mt Rainier as we motored for home.

A southerly blew in at about 12 to 15 knots in the evening. That with the big flood tide made the last section of the run a bit choppy. One to two footers. Once into Budd inlet, flat water again for the final run home.

Helped Bruce get his boat on the trailer and all the crew back ashore. Secure about 9 PM.
    Great day on the water was had by all.....

All we needed was a four or five more boats.
    More pictures and hopefully some video forthcoming.......

Cheers,

McSkagit0923+M.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride