South Sound Cruise-2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Sound Cruise-2017

We're putting together a quick, one day outing that launches in Olympia next Monday, June 26th. Weather permitting, but for now the forecast is in the 70's and some sun. Hopefully boats will be hitting the water 10-10:30 and out by 5pm.
    So far, I'm committed as well as Captain Tim, with the 31 Saratogan, as well as Kelly. Any more ?P1000459.jpg

Boy, here is your chance boys, Dig those boats out and Hit the water !!!

My daughter Zoanna came down to Oly for Father's day and took me to lunch. Then we took the boat out for a cruise around South Sound. She docked the boat at Boston Harbor fuel dock with a little coaching. We ran up to the entrance to Hammersley Inlet (Shelton) and shut down the engines, enjoyed the afternoon, some music, beer, flat calm water and lots O' sun. Had a couple seals hanging around the boat.
    Great day on the water. Got a couple videos uploaded to Youtube. I'll be editing them together, but they are available individually now....
    1889+red-M.jpgZoanna at the helm-M.jpg

I already have a boat full, so Monday the 26th is going to happen.

Here's a link to one of the videos: https://youtu.be/Nl06X48GA24
    Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

sounds fun to me!
      c'mon folks, wet a prop, drink a pop, soak up some sun and have some fun!

Sorry too much dessert tonight..

Comment

Alas, work for me. But I'll be out this weekend. Supposed to be in the 80s.
        John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
        Past Affairs:
        '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

I'm unfortunately in the crowd with John. Wish I could come out but will be working... Also, I have some work to do on the Chris Craft before next month, we have a blockage in our port exhaust cooling system and she is running hot enough to start melting the exhaust hose!
          Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
          1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

For logistical reasons, looks like a revised departure time from Swantown of 9am ! Just 2 boats so far. Can't someone have eye problems, as in, I can't see going to work on a nice day ?

Comment

Looks to be a good day. Extreme tides! Looking forward to this....

Comment

Originally posted by bruceb View Post
                For logistical reasons, looks like a revised departure time from Swantown of 9am ! Just 2 boats so far. Can't someone have eye problems, as in, I can't see going to work on a nice day ?
                Hahaha! Nice one!

Comment

Fun in the Sun !!!

Originally posted by bruceb View Post
                  We're putting together a quick, one day outing that launches in Olympia next Monday, June 26th. Weather permitting, but for now the forecast is in the 70's and some sun. Hopefully boats will be hitting the water 10-10:30 and out by 5pm.
                  So far, I'm committed as well as Captain Tim, with the 31 Saratogan, as well as Kelly. Any more ?[ATTACH=CONFIG]14878[/ATTACH]

Boy, here is your chance boys, Dig those boats out and Hit the water !!!
                  This is a chance for all of you local folks to get out and play.
                  We Always have a Blast with the get togethers

Anyone else have pictures to share ?
                  Attached Files
                  Helmar Joe Johanesen
                  1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
                  1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
                  Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
                  2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
                  http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Wow what an amazing day! Pictures soon, but wow. Maybe the next one can be on a weekend for some more folks to attend because, well it's just too fun not to attend!
                    Awesome people, awesome boats, no bs.

Comment

Great day on the water, wished we could have shared it with more boaters.
                      Kelly, Colin and Cap'n Tim at Longbranch Marina, our second stop of the dayP1000694.jpg

Comment

Shot at our third stop, Lakebay Marina for lunch and a couple other shots of the 31 Saratogan -looking spectacular as usual !P1000714.jpgP1000716.jpgP1000721.jpg

Comment

Looks like I'm posting in the wrong thread. I'll move my stuff over here....

Monday's South sound cruise
                          We had two boats for Monday's south sound cruise. The Saratogan, M/V Sweet Zoanna and Bruce's Skagit 20, Willa B. My cousin and family and Kelly and Collin comprised our crew. Weather was overcast as we departed about 10 AM from Olympia's Swantown Marina. Motored up to Boston Harbor marina for fuel as the new Swantown fuel dock is not yet open.

From Boston Harbor, we motored up to Felucy Bay, Longbranch Marina where we hung out for an hour and shot some pictures. From Filucy, we motored around McNeil Island. Saw a bunch of seals hauled out on Anderson Island, and an otter feeding on it's back off Gurtrude Island.

Next stop, Lakebay Marina. Got in there on a minus 3 tide. A little sketchy. Interesting marina. The management at Lakebay opened the restaurant for us. Had lunch there. Interesting place. Will post pics of it a little later.

Next stop was Horsehead Bay where we anchored, rafted up and had a happy hour. Super upscale homes in there. Just about got run over by jet skis and water skiers. A couple drops of rain, but the cloud cover burned off and we had a view of Mt Rainier as we motored for home.

A southerly blew in at about 12 to 15 knots in the evening. That with the big flood tide made the last section of the run a bit choppy. One to two footers. Once into Budd inlet, flat water again for the final run home.

Helped Bruce get his boat on the trailer and all the crew back ashore. Secure about 9 PM.
                          Great day on the water was had by all.....

All we needed was a four or five more boats.
                          More pictures and hopefully some video forthcoming.......

Cheers,

McSkagit0923+M.jpg
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X