Bow Eye Replacement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bow Eye Replacement

I need to replace my bow eye on my '58 Glasspar need a 1/2" single shank can't seem to find one there all 3/8" I really don't want to go with a big eye from Homedepot any sources out there?. regards, Paul

That is tough, I looked and came up empty as well. Sorry, best of luck!
    Is yours just worn out?

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly View Post
      That is tough, I looked and came up empty as well. Sorry, best of luck!
      Is yours just worn out?
      Yeah wore out, corrosion through the years got the best of it. fixing it with JB Weld but need a new one somebody makes one.

Comment

Found a galvanizied eye bolt at Scott McLendon's hardware here in Port Orchard. I will keep my eyes open for a better looking replacement but when I think about it that's what came with the boat originally.
        Last edited by frogpond; 07-06-2017, 03:09 AM. Reason: Spelling : )

Comment

glad you found something.

Comment

This is what lead to all my bow eye reconstruction in 2015.. Our boat originally came with a fancy cast Chris Craft bow-eye that used only one stud. After the years it had corroded and began stretching with each trailer loading. So I opted to install a contemporary U-bolt style bow eye which resulted in having three holes in the bow. After a couple seasons the water found its way into the 4x4 structural member and it was a black sponge. Took a few days but after rebuilding it, and filling in all the holes then redrilling only the two I needed it is far stronger now than it ever was before and still looks like it could be original.

If your trailer bow stop is adjustable (mine is not) you could simply install a new u-bolt style eye using the existing hole and only needing to drill one new hole...
            Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
            1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Working...
            X