Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Skagit 20 Offshore Owner

Hi all.

I am a new member, and probably a bit unusual for this group in that I'm a sailor and have been very involved in racing for a long time.

I first became aware of Skagit boats in 2011. We were anchored in Blind Bay (Shaw Island, in the San Juans) when one of the most beautiful fiberglass motorboats I've ever seen passed by. It was Tim Jones' Saratogan. I've wanted a Skagit with those classic lines ever since.

So, I bought Clint Stroebel's boat a few weeks ago and am looking forward to getting it back on the water by the summer. It seems pretty sound except for the transom, and the hull and topsides will need a lot of prep before getting paint. It also lacks a motor; I would love to have twin period outboards, but that is probably too much to ask. I have a long list of questions which I will mete out to the group over the coming months. Thanks in advance for your support, and for setting up and maintaining this great website!

Scott Petersen
    Fidalgo Island, WA
    Attached Files

Congrats on your Skagit purchase and welcome to the group! I'm very happy to see the Offshore stay local and hope to cruise together someday.

Comment

Oh and don't worry if it takes days until you get a response, if you get one at all. Don't take it personal, this "club" is in a strange place lately. Still a great source of info for your boat and using the search will garner a quicker answer I'm sure since it used to be a very active club.

Comment

I don't know if twin 35s is enough power. There is a 57 35 big twin on cl Portland boat parts for $75 short shaft. You will need to commit to finding long shaft parts and completely rebuilding them yourself.

Comment

Or, go this route! Nice!
          https://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/b...300912825.html

Comment

Congrats on your purchase. Looks like a good scrub down will get you started.

New transom, eh? That's no small project, but it can be done.

And yes, not a lot of activity on here lately, myself included.
            John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
            Past Affairs:
            '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

Working...
            X