X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1966 Dorsett "San Jaun"

Lost Storage....Don't want it to sit out in the snow all winter

Boat and Motor Combo +Tilt Trailer

<<<<<<<<<<<<1966 Dorsett, "San Jaun" 19' "Classic Style" Express Cabin Cruiser >>>>>>>>>>
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<1960 Mercury 80hp Dockbuster>>>>>>>

Both for $700.00

Call Gene (208) 651-9263
    Coeur d' Alene,ID

The Boat:

Cushions and interior panels in good shape.
    Sound Hull and glass
    Heavy Duty 1974 Calkins tilt trailer
    New "teleflex"steering cable.
    About 70% ready

The Motor:
    1960 Merc 800El electric start (Short shaft model)
    Not running now,But should because....
    ....Has spark, good Compression and turns over, Even the Duel action starter works.
    Complete with wiring harness, Fuel Tank,Original Mercury Shifter

Have "Titles" for boat and trailer in hand.

Not "Turn Key" ready Still needs some finishing work (aka Project Boat)
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Gene View Post
    Lost Storage....Don't want it to sit out in the snow all winter

Boat and Motor Combo +Tilt Trailer

<<<<<<<<<<<<1966 Dorsett, "San Jaun" 19' "Classic Style" Express Cabin Cruiser >>>>>>>>>>
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<1960 Mercury 80hp Dockbuster>>>>>>>

Both for $700.00

Call Gene (208) 651-9263
    Coeur d' Alene,ID

The Boat:

Cushions and interior panels in good shape.
    Sound Hull and glass
    Heavy Duty 1974 Calkins tilt trailer
    New "teleflex"steering cable.
    About 70% ready

The Motor:
    1960 Merc 800El electric start (Short shaft model)
    Not running now,But should because....
    ....Has spark, good Compression and turns over, Even the Duel action starter works.
    Complete with wiring harness, Fuel Tank,Original Mercury Shifter

Have "Titles" for boat and trailer in hand.

Not "Turn Key" ready Still needs some finishing work (aka Project Boat)
    Sorry that you lost your storage area for this project being 70%....
    All the time I have been involved in the fiberglass boats, Any boats as a matter of fact, they just don't seem to command the high dollar as they should.

Very Good price for what you have Gene..

We had a member of our club that was able to command that higher dollar and he would almost have 2 pages on Craiglist detailing every step as well as the product used to do the restoration to the point they were finished.

I had one classic boat that I sold from down here in Eugene and there were others he could have chosen, But, I did the same thing, wrote a very long discripton of what I had done to her and this fellow from Way up in Washington drove all the way to Eugene just to get a quick look at it. I had all the pictures (you can put up to 20 here) and stages of the resto and that was enough for this fellow to hand me cash plus paid extra for me to haul it back up to Washington.

What he said to me, I seen all kinds of boats similar to this one but all they said was the year and name, boat for sale. He just wanted to see it in real person and hand me the money...

It really saddens me to see this happen to people were they have to give up the boat before finished or something in life's great adventure gets in the way and we never get to enjoy the spoils per say.
    With these classic girls, you always get the thumbs up as well as I don't think I have ever launched one of my classics without a crowd around them.
    Sure as hell puts a smile on my face.

Again, sorry you have to let her go but this is almost like a pay it forward if anyone wants a great riding hull and design like that.

Helmar
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Sorry to hear your need to sell, never like to see someone basically forced to sell something they like. It's a cool boat and should sell easily.
      In my experience less info in the ad has worked to my benefit, but you can never truly tell.

Comment

Thanks Guys:
        Life gets in the way sometimes. My mistake was to stop moving forward when I could. At this point I just don't want it to rot away from my neglect.Posted it on Seattle CL, several calls, but no one wants to make the drive.

Comment

Working...
        X