I hate spammers !!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate spammers !!!!!!

Every day, I get at least two or three of these.

This is one reason why new users need to be OK'ed by me.
    Better fill in all the blanks or you can flat forget it.

=======================================

There is a new user, CocoChanels at Northwest Classic Boat Club Forum

To view their profile, go here:

http://www.classicboatclub.com/forums/member.php?u=372

Email Address : cocochanelske@gmail.com
    Birthday :
    Referrer: N/A
    IP Address: 94.142.128.140

Contact Name : CocoChanels
    Location. : France
    Mailing Address : CocoChanels
    Contact Phone Number : test

=========================================
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

I am a moderator on an Airstream Trailer forums, and we deal with these guys all the time. They never give up! Our forums are too large to approve each person individually, but when these losers do sneak through they don't last long!

Comment

Stef

Which Airstream forum? I have a 66 27ft I hope to restore eventually. Barry

Comment

Airforums.com. Come on by, you'll get lots of advice. There's a huge community of nuts, er, I mean 'enthusiasts'. We actually have a very active group in the NW that get together and have campouts a few times a year. Great folks. Much like the local boaters I'm sure, if I can ever get my boat finished so I can come join in the fun!

Mine's a 68 17ft trailer. We've had it about 6 years and use it whenever we get the chance.

Comment

Stef

Turns out I belong to Airstream Forums. Just haven't been there in a long time. Too busy with other things. I will make the effort to get on there more often. Right now I have another problem!
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Helmar, post: 4233
            Every day, I get at least two or three of these.

This is one reason why new users need to be OK'ed by me.
            Better fill in all the blanks or you can flat forget it.
            Well on behave of all of us that use this forum for good and not evil, we very much appreciate your hard work at keeping these losers out of our peaceful community...

Thanks
            Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
            1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by sparrowhawk, post: 4309
              Stef

Turns out I belong to Airstream Forums. Just haven't been there in a long time. Too busy with other things. I will make the effort to get on there more often. Right now I have another problem!

Yikes! That makes my problem look pretty simple!

Helmar, I agree, you're doing a great job here! Keep fighting the good fight (because the spammers never give up).

Comment

Something that may help.

Helmar,
                I moderate a small forum used for a computer game. I have a total of about 103 users or so. I was having significant issues dealing with the spammers trying to join up.

I solved the issue by adding a small hack to the registration. My forum uses CAPTCHA much like yours does which requires you to add text or numbers to the text box in order to register.

These hackers use a program that scans forums looking at those CAPTCHA boxes, and then use OCR (optical character recognition) to autofill the text box, which then allows them to register. The solution for me was to add a background image to the CAPTCHA box, that randomizes each time a user tries to register. The background image, coupled with the CAPTCHA grid lines and abstract letters and numbers, confuses the OCR software, and the box cannot be filled.

I honestly went from 5 or 6 per day to 1 per month. My forum uses PHPBB3 as the forum software. I am not sure if there is someone who can help you install a modification, but it would be worth looking for. It helps alot.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                X