No announcement yet.

'Round Fidalgo: Three Options

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd like to join the boats meeting at Hat Island with your kind permission. Approx. time there?
    Jerry McRorie
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

According to the marina at Twin Bridges the launch is iffy with a minus tide. All the launches are more than likely alright with it being a .2minus, just be careful. Clint

Comment

LaConner?

May have to tag along.

I emailed Don & Sharon Lee, and asked if they want to ride along in the Storebro 36.

We shall see?

Steve
        Attached Files

Comment

Can I tag along?

I've been without a boat for a couple months. Pretty weird for a guy that has made his livelyhood on the water for close to 30 years. Just got a Volvo TMD40 back in the Glasply today. Took a week to assemble the thing and three days of dealing with leaks and test runs on the shop floor. 960 pounds of Swedish iron and forged steel. Just have to hook it up. When is this shindig?
          Can I tag along?

McSkagit

P.S. I don't see what the big deal is with the currents in Deception Pass? Small boats are fast and manuverable. You can blast through the pass on most any tide. I've towed boats through eastbound on a big ebb. Not easy, but I did it.....
          Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Welcome back to the bunch that have boats with motors. Looking forward to seeing you. Yes, if Capt. Coupe could sail a 3 mast schooner through Deception Pass and a Navy pilot flew an A3B under it in the early 60's, why should those of us with boat that have motors fear it?
            There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Saturday, 10 a.m.

Tim -

The main group of boats will launch in the LaConner area around 10 a.m. and go counter-clockwise around Fidalgo, probably hitting Bowman Bay at around noon or 12:30 for a lunch stop.

Only big deal about Deception Pass currents is that when we organize events like this, we don't know for sure who's coming and how experienced they might be at dealing with currents...(not to mention how reliable their engines might be, what hull speed they have, etc), so we generally lean toward a conservative approach, getting the group through the Pass closer to slack rather than at maximum flow, etc.

- Marty
              http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Working...
              X