Finally on the water!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally on the water!

This morning was the shakedown cruise for the Sabrecraft with the Homelite 55 after the motor's nearly finished (still painting the hood) cosmetic restoration. This is the first time I've run this motor, wow what a difference with a four stroke.

The boat has been completely re-wired, installed new fuel tank, converted the motor from a mechanical to an electric fuel pump and installed new gauges. This project was planned to be finished this spring but first work and then heart surgery delayed it. Now to finish the paint, install the sound insulation, apply the graphics, polish the propeller ...

Didn't get any photos on the water, but here's a couple after getting home.
    Attached Files

Tim

Looks awesome. I like the dash. B

Comment

Thanks Barry. The new gauge panel will have polished aluminum trim around it eventually.

Comment

The Sabrecraft looks great Tim. The Homelite is a WOW under the hood. I've never seen one so clean. Hope to see you on the water later this Fall. Have a good one.
        Steve Kiesel
        1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

congrats Tim...must feel really good

She looks nice...and I'll bet that bearcat makes her scoot

...Ric
          '59 19' Glasspar Club Mariner (for sale)
          '63 17' OMC Deluxe (My current lust boat)
          '65 16' Evinrude Sweet 16 (for sale)

Comment

I hope someday my Bearcat looks ( and runs) just like yours. Beautiful!
            (The boat is absolutely awesome too)

Congrats -------------Mark

Comment

That boat looks awesome. Motor looks great and the interior looks very comfortable. Good job.
              Quick question. If you painted that red , what kind of paint is that?
              Good job, Mike
              >>>Mike<<<

Comment

Tim, she Looks better than new, very nice job..I just happen to have a couple extra buckets of prop wash to sell, to help ya with that prop.

Comment

Thanks guys.

Steve, I'll be at the Baker and Mason events, hope you can make it.

Mike, that isn't paint, it's the original '64 gelcoat.

Comment

your table is ready sir!

Originally posted by Steve_Kiesel, post: 5910
                    The Sabrecraft looks great Tim. The Homelite is a WOW under the hood. I've never seen one so clean. Hope to see you on the water later this Fall. Have a good one.
                    Wow! do you give your passengers a table cloth and place setting?
                    You could eat off that engine! congragulations I love it! The boat too..but that engine is superior, a work of art.
                    thanks for the photos.
                    delvel

Comment

Tim, Great work you have done. That engine is just so perfect i would not want to run it. I bet a old factory guy would go crazy looking at it in the year 2009. And the boat ? Wow ! What can a person say....it looks better than new. Nice seeing you at the LaConner show. Best,Chuck
                      1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
                      1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Bearcat stickers

Tim : Do you have a set of stickers for the controls? I had a few made if you are in need of any ? Homelight safety mate is a press on decal , If you are missing any let me know. That engine looks great! I know you didn't get it from Bill looking that clean ? Great work. I love my Bearcat! I've been running the Dorsett alot and can't get used to going to the fuel dock all the time the Merc 85 H.P. uses twice the gas + oil
                        Attached Files
                        Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

Rick,
                          I have a complete set of graphics "in the works" at a decal shop, I worked up the CAD files for the controls and hood and sent them out for a quote but haven't received them or committed to them yet. My engine has the "transition" hood with the Fisher-Pierce Homelite graphic. I'd be interested in the control graphics, tho.

Thanks,
                          Tim

Comment

I have the Safetymate & 4 Cycle disk- & the starting instructions I don't have the shift and the start - Run half circles.

ricksarah3@msn.com
                            Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

Very Nice

Very very nice! Be sure to update us on how you like that engine.
                              Dick Johnson
                              1989 16ft Sylvan (Bought it New)
                              '57 Evinrude 18hp
                              '61 Johnson 5.5hp LS
                              '72 Johnson 6hp
                              '61 Homelite 55 Shortshaft
                              '65 Homelite 55
                              '68 Bearcat 55 (3)
                              '70 Bearcat 55 (1)

Comment

Working...
                              X