Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using Collinite Fiberglass cleaner and wax?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Collinite Fiberglass cleaner and wax?

Bought some Collinite Fiberglass boat cleaner and some of their Biberglass boat wax. Got it to try and bring back shine to the Sea Lion. Now, after many hours of work, I decided to let the next owner do what he will with the Sea Lion finish. So, not wanting to waste anything, I tried using it on the painted Rosario. I just tried a small area below the waterline and it made the finish so smooth and shiny. Now I'm thinking of doing the entire boat (over the winter months). Anyone had any experience with this product on paint? The bottle descriptions don't address painted boats.
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Jerry, I think the Sea Lion needs wet sanding and buffing.

Comment

Yah, I did that for a whole lot of hours, too. Got small area pretty shiny but it occurred to me that I had removed the head and the sink and fiberglassed in the holes and the inside of the port fin where the cable steering system went so the only answer seems to be to paint the boat (which was my original plan). Now it is going to be someone else's project or I'll parts it out and chop her up after less than 50 hours in almost 50 years in existence. Sounds so sad but I haven't money, energy or space to give her what she deserves.
      Jerry

Comment

Perhaps I buy and sell too often on eBay but I feel like the best way to know what something is worth is to offer it for sale and see what someone is willing to pay. I once sold a nice leather Harley motorcycle jacket on eBay for $1 and was expecting around $50 for it but a lot of people looked at it an one buck was the only bid. I know this isn't the answer you are looking for but I think I'll sit on it until spring unless someone comes along and makes what seems like a fair offer or the county says get it off their road. Maybe by spring, if there is no interest, I'll split it up and keep the motor and give away the boat and trailer or just keep the whole thing. It isn't really in my plan to saw it into pieces or scrap a newly rebuilt engine for the aluminum in it. Right now I'm busy loading my fifth wheel trailer to go fishing for a couple of weeks.
        Jerry

Comment

Working...
        X