...Another Crackerbox

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...Another Crackerbox

This boat may have been "free," but you know how that goes. It cost a few hundred bucks to get the old trailer roadworthy, and then Mo and I had to spend two days driving from Nordland, WA, to Orofino, Idaho and back in order to fetch the boat.

It's a 1952 crackerbox-style racer, almost 16 feet overall, with its original Ford flathead V-8 for power (or lack of power right now, since the engine is stuck and hasn't run since the mid-1970's).

The boat was built professionally in Stockton, California. The fellow we got the boat from once had a brochure showing this model and another outboard version of the same (or very similar) hull...but unfortunately he can't remember the name of the builder, or find the old brochure.

If I restore the boat for personal use, the plan will be to move the steering to the aft cockpit and perhaps even eliminate the forward cockpit, building a new mahogany deck to replace the painted fir plywood.

If anyone recognizes this boat, please let us know!

Thanks,

Marty and Mo
    Attached Files
    http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Wow, cool. Love the stern!

Comment

Working...
    X