Welcome!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome!

Welcome to the Mercury Operating Room, our new Mercury discussion forum. Please post your Merc related questions, photos, stories etc. here.

Tim....OMG !

A Mercury Operating Room with a Bearcat Avatar picture ? Maybe this will work. Same for the Evinrude / Johnson / OMC Operating Room . Chuck

Btw ,What happen to the delete button. Where is it now ?
    Attached Files
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Hi guys!

I can fix old Mercs, but sure have a tough time with these 'puters.
      I had a post all typed up, but I hit the wrong button and 'POOF' it was gone.
      Oh well,...I look forward to sharing my Mercury experience with all you Mercaholics.
      'Keeping them alive since 1955"
      Thom
      Attached Files
      Doc Frankenmerc
      Keeping Mercs alive since 1965

Comment

Originally posted by chuckcarey, post: 7639
        A Mercury Operating Room with a Bearcat Avatar picture ? Maybe this will work. Same for the Evinrude / Johnson / OMC Operating Room . Chuck

Hi Chuck
        That went away now that we have moderators. You can Edit it even Erase everything if you like.
        There were too many ways whole threads could get deleted so until all that gets worked out, this is what we have
        Helmar Joe Johanesen
        1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
        1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
        Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
        2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
        http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Originally posted by chuckcarey, post: 7639

Well, I could use one of the dockbusters but right now they are UUUGLY.

The delete button has been disabled until we can figure out how make a change to the way it works. Right now, if someone deletes their post and it was the first post in the thread, it wipes out the entire thread including what other folks had to say. It didn't seem right that one person could just wipe out everyone else in the thread. We have had some threads with good info in them that folks put some thought into, and then for whatever reason the first poster wiped it all out, including photos that people had taken the time to upload for others. In the meantime, if you would like to delete a post, just empty it with the edit feature and Mark or I will delete it when we see it empty.

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by Dr_Frankenmerc, post: 7641
            Oh well,...I look forward to sharing my Mercury experience with all you Mercaholics.
            Thom
            Hey Thom, glad you made it.

Just ignore my avatar ...

Comment

Welcome DR Frankenmerc

Originally posted by Dr_Frankenmerc, post: 7641
              Thom
              Welcome Thom.
              Glad to see you made it to the group. Its nice to have you aboard.

I have been saving this and Some day.....
              For now, I just keep turning it over and over but it was a great runner until the lower bearings went out. I was told it was a real hard one to fix but was willing.
              Might end up dragging it down your way some day as I am just up 101 from you, just north of Quilcene.

Hope to put this on my little Skagit 14 Sportster some day.
              Attached Files
              Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Hello fello mercaholics!

Hello to all! Great to have a place to talk mercs. Hey Joe, just the fact that it hasn't been rattle canned black puts you way ahead of the game on a redo! I am just amazed at how many of the white mercs got lousily (is that a word!) painted black thru the years. One of my pet peeves. Good to see you found our little corner of cyberspace Thom, your knowledge of these old machines will help us all in our quest for "more boating, less towing"!
                Gordon
                Gordon and Cheryl Davies

Comment

Hey Thom, it's good to see you here.

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Hey Joe,...I just happen to have a spare lower unit for that 500.
                    Those aren't nearly as ugly to work on as the earlier model lower units anyway.
                    Those lil 44 ci 4 cyl Mercs can be revived and they run so smooth & sound so sweet.
                    I am already pretty well booke dfor this winter, but if things go smoothly I will probably be able to work more Mercury Magic in the Spring and will always stop what I'm doing and work emergency Mercury Magic when needed by an enthusiast.

Okay you 'puter wizardly ones,...How do I post a picture by my name above a reply?

Cheers,
                    Thom
                    Attached Files
                    Doc Frankenmerc
                    Keeping Mercs alive since 1965

Comment

Originally posted by Dr_Frankenmerc, post: 7714
                      Those lil 44 ci 4 cyl Mercs can be revived and they run so smooth & sound so sweet.
                      I am already pretty well booke dfor this winter, but if things go smoothly I will probably be able to work more Mercury Magic in the Spring and will always stop what I'm doing and work emergency Mercury Magic when needed by an enthusiast.

Okay you 'puter wizardly ones,...How do I post a picture by my name above a reply?

Cheers,
                      Thom
                      Thom, it's magic. Click your lower units together three times and repeat "There's no speed like fast ... there's no speed like fast."

Comment

Or you can try this way.

(Moved to Forum User Tips) [ame="http://www.classicboatclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1506"]How to upload your Avatar (Member picture in your posts) - Northwest Classic Boat Club Forum[/ame]

Welcome Thom!
                        Mark
                        Silverdale, WA.
                        1956 BellBoy Express 16

Comment

Originally posted by Dr_Frankenmerc, post: 7714

Cheers,
                          Thom
                          Way Cool on the lower unit.
                          I know it will be something I will have to budget for so maybe I can email you for the cost of the unit. Of course, I am sure it won't end with just the lower unit. Never had a Merc that ran right so now it seems as I can once you look her over.
                          Always Loved the looks of them.
                          So, what would you call this little one if its not a Black Stack, a Baby white short stack

As far as your question about picture by the name above a reply, do you see anyone on the board here or have a place I can go look for an example as I am not quite understanding the question.
                          Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Joe, Thom was asking about an avatar.

Mark, the magic was faster ...

Comment

I noticed that. Man you're quick!!!
                              Mark
                              Silverdale, WA.
                              1956 BellBoy Express 16

Comment

Working...
                              X