Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any hidden bolts I'm missing? (chrysler)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any hidden bolts I'm missing? (chrysler)

I can't find any more bolts or nuts to remove and the power head, intake manifold and the big square tube are stuck. The power head seems to be stuck on the port side right at the rounded off square plug. The starbord side is free.

The intake manifold is free at the top, but stuck at the bottom. Had most everything soaking in penetrating oil. I guess I can wipe it dry and apply heat/cold.
    Attached Files
    '59 Clippercraft, 35 hp Evinrude

Finally got it loose. Two weeks of soaking in penetrating fluid, a lot of prying and beating paid off just when I was ready to cut it off and drill it out.

The final trick was beating the crap out of the stuck stud with a brass punch and a 5 lb. hammer.

Comment

Some of that stuff, I have found with a air chisel and the round hammer head installed that if you hammer it for while, it sure helps.
      Used to use those for removing steering parts from cars and trucks.

Good job, glad you got it out
      Helmar Joe Johanesen
      1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
      1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
      Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
      2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
      http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Was wondwering if an impact wrench might do the trick. Have to get one someday and try it. Now that I got the block stripped down, I just hope that cylinder is salvagable.

The piston is completely shot. The patch of deposits on the cylinder wall is what rubbed off the aluminum piston. Th scratches don't seem too deep. Rings come in 30 thousandths over. Well see if it can be bored out.

Otherwise, I'll dis-assemble the other engine and hopefully get one good one.
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X