Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New batch of Fish

Hey fellow FishHuggars,
    Just teaching my latest crop of Juvenile Coho Salmon to swim.After hatching ,they mostly drag their eggsac around until they get a chance to grab some air,usually during a water change when the top is within reach.Once one goes up top,the rest seem to follow on cue.
    The air helps them prime their air bladders and without it,they sink and don`t float level at all.
    Now to wait for the eggsac to digest so we can start feeding them real food,Daphne,Brine Shrimp and some basic Flake food will keep them beefed up until next summer when we release them in our local creek,right by the Fauntlerory Ferry landing in West Seattle.
    Only 5 adults showed this year so 2-3 years from now will be grim.
    I got 105 eggs this year(courtesy of Issaquah Hatchery) and they seem more active with a larger group.Hopefully these fish will spread some Genes around the Sound and help lesser Wild runs not be the only food in town or I should say,in the Sound.
    Tim M
    sorry ,small pics.....I`ll try again tomorrow!
    Attached Files
    unk.year 10` Mahogeny "DragonFly"racer
    15` SAFE boat w/120 hp Johnson
    SeaRay 175BR
    Hi-Laker lapline
    14` Trailorboat

new batch

Tim
    They are looking more like fish than the last time I saw them. Too cool. Barry

Comment

Hey Barry

Barry ,
      They now look like Eel grass swaying in the current,they always face the flow and pretty much stay in one main school with a smaller group always off to one corner or the other.
      Can`t wait to start feeding them Brine Shrimp and Daphne cubes.They boil the water and jump clear of it on occasion.Live Bugs that happen to look edible last around 5 seconds tops.
      The kids were using their pool to gather critters to feed them last summer.Once in the local creek,they eat tadpoles and bugs non-stop.
      Let me try for a better picture from later last year......
      TimM
      Attached Files
      unk.year 10` Mahogeny "DragonFly"racer
      15` SAFE boat w/120 hp Johnson
      SeaRay 175BR
      Hi-Laker lapline
      14` Trailorboat

Comment

Working...
      X