Evinrude 75 hp Starflight IV

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evinrude 75 hp Starflight IV

I think my outboard is a 1962 or 63. I'm having a terrible time finding a place that will do a routine service on the lower unit. Does anyone know of a place in Seattle? Ballard Marine refused. Thanks, Robert

Originally posted by Robert View Post
    I think my outboard is a 1962 or 63. I'm having a terrible time finding a place that will do a routine service on the lower unit. Does anyone know of a place in Seattle? Ballard Marine refused. Thanks, Robert
    We used to have a member that was doing them but I have not heard from him in awhile. Tim Mattson is his name.

I know a few others will know who else is doing that kind of work too.

John Nelson will also know but does most of his own work.
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Seaway Marine in Lynnwood has a mechanic well versed on vintage v4s, his name is Brad. Has done a couple of fixes for me, but if you're interested in saving money, doing your own water pump/impeller service, it's pretty easy. All you need is a shop manual off eBay, lots available. New Seloc manuals also are available.

Comment

Depending on where you are in Seattle I have a buddy working at Yachtfitters on lake Union that has done several tune ups and repairs on the older outboards. His name is Erdo.
        Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
        1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Helmar View Post
          We used to have a member that was doing them but I have not heard from him in awhile. Tim Mattson is his name.

I know a few others will know who else is doing that kind of work too.

John Nelson will also know but does most of his own work.
          Tim still works out of his house (garage) in Burien. Here's a picture he sent me today of him racing The hydro he built last year. It's not an old boat, but it's sort of a classic.
          Attached Files

Comment

wow that's great. I just posted about needing a new impeller and should have added to this post. But if you have his contact info that would be great. Thanks!

Comment

Things have changed recently and he isn't taking in any work for the time being.

Comment

Working...
              X