I have a haunch you'll like this!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a haunch you'll like this!

I know you all know about cruisin' but do you know about Kreuz'n? Kreuz Market in Lockhart Texas, makes the best Bar B Que in Texas, and in Texas Bar B Que means Brisket.

I just pulled a 14 pound Texas clod out of the freezer tonight, based on the number of attendee's it should be just about right.

For those of you who are not familiar with butchery it is one complete side of a steers belly muscle, two muscles actually, laid over one another with a layer of fat between.

I will marinate it Thursday night with a wet rub. Friday morning I will start the Bar B que and add a dry rub to soak in for a couple hours while the Bar B que gets up to a nice even temperature. It takes quite a while to heat a half ton of steel properly.

My boss has given me Friday off for good behavior, sort of. I will be on the computer from home, so I can go out and add mopping sauce every hour and check the fire. This is a tough ole piece of meat so it will take 10 to 12 hours to cook, or untill tender.

Friday night it will get wrapped in foil with some extra sauce and hold at 175 degrees in the oven till we are ready to eat.

I don't know about you but I'm getting hungry already. eating
    Attached Files
    Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
    Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Wow.

If my motor doesn't start I'm swimming over!

Comment

Working...
    X