Samammish Tune Up Run

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samammish Tune Up Run

We are finally home after a beautiful day enjoying Jack and Kathie Dando's incredible hospitality, breath taking views of the lake and of course a mess of succulent low and slow smoked brisket.
    With only 11 members and two boats we descended upon the Dando homestead. It was cool in the morning but warmed up quite nicely for the afternoon. Everyone had a great time talking old boats and:eating1: sharing in the potluck. If you missed todays event you missed a great time. A huge THANK YOU to Jack and Kathie and we look forward to seeing everyone on ... opening day!!

It was great seeing everyone today, the timing was perfect, huge storms all week and a beatiful day today. I actually got a little sunburned.

By 5:30 tonight that old SW wind was kicking back up and the waves were breaking over the dock again.

Thanks to all who made it worth the effort. After two big partys in two days we will spend tomorrow in recovery mode.
    Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
    Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Comment

Jack,
      I JUST woke up from my Sat aft noon catnap....sorry but the Swap Meet wiped me out beyond belief.....plus I siced 3 fingertips with an old BoatSeat that was the first item to come off the Truck bed.Needed to rest it by days end.
      BBQ needs two good hands to do right!

Sounds like the weather let off just enough for some boating action.
      I hope we can someday taste the BBQ delights at the Dando homestead,we`ll just have to dream for now.
      Got more than just my own boat to get ready for Opening Day so I better stop writing and get to it.
      TimM
      unk.year 10` Mahogeny "DragonFly"racer
      15` SAFE boat w/120 hp Johnson
      SeaRay 175BR
      Hi-Laker lapline
      14` Trailorboat

Comment

Good day on the water!

First a BIG Thanks to Jack and Kathy for the super hospitality and great food! The lake was a little ruff for Cheryl in the little Stilletto.:boater1: Her innards got a little rattled a few times. All my fault, it's just kinda hard for me to not be 'on it' when I was able to!:snail1: Motor ran good, she's a bit cold blooded, and I keep waiting for the steering cable to magically free up some more. The stainless 21 pitch 2-blade is just a tad too much for the little 70hp as far as getting out of the hole, but once up top......:cool1:
        A great day, good food, interesting and very topical conversation (I even participated some :shocked4 and a boat to go run. Couldn't get much better!! Here is a few pics....
        Attached Files
        Gordon and Cheryl Davies

Comment

Working...
        X