organ donor boats...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• organ donor boats...

...you know the ones. So cheap you couldn't afford not to drag it home-hmmmm-trailer's pretty decent, glass windshield, Teleflex rack, anchor, fenders, 3 drain plugs even a spare PFD. I'll pull the parts and donate the rest to the boat god's 22nd century archaeological dig, it'll be gone before the wife even knows. :GoodJob:

Yeah right-there it sits, grass growing longer by the day, Google Earth will be the only record that it ever happened.:Underconstruction1:

With slightly more than 3 days until Opening Day. My paying gigs have been put on hold for the "push" to get the boat ready. Why did I spend 4 hours cutting up a Fiberform???? Aluminum rubrail! :CutUp1:boater1:

Our '61 Glastron came from the factory with the most hideous rubrail extrusion, that problem was solved today...after wasting 2 hours separating alloy from composite, only to realize that the t-bolts had rusted themselves into place rendering it useless. Plan B: entailed another 2 hour fiasco to scare up the last two 4-foot chunks available.

There may be a way to get this thing on the water yet... Back to polishing!
    Attached Files

Oh boy oh boy oh boy ...

Comment

lookin' like a coal miner after polishing aluminum parts all day:donttouch:

Comment

White Flour!

Greg,
        Learned to use some White Flour while final polishng the Alum Jet boats I once helped build.
        Keeps the fingers from going black after you`re done.
        Just don`t make Tortillas out of the residue or lick your fingers.
        "Squirrells with Trucks/Trailers AND Chainsaws".....
        TimM
        unk.year 10` Mahogeny "DragonFly"racer
        15` SAFE boat w/120 hp Johnson
        SeaRay 175BR
        Hi-Laker lapline
        14` Trailorboat

Comment

Hey Mattson, I use a little flour or baking powder as a clean-up/final buff also. Thanks for the hint...

Comment

Working...
          X