Silcox 17 convertable progress

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silcox 17 convertable progress

Getting real close to engine time. Should have her in the water by April! Whats the best way to polish an acrylic Windshield? Still have had no luck finding the starboard side windshield? Glass goes in and the back seats go back in tomorrow !
    Attached Files
    Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Very nice

Rick

Can't wait to see that one on the water. It's looking real sharp. Love the Helm look. Barry

Comment

Don't know anything about polishing acrylic Rick, but the 17 sure is looking great. Another red one, I like it. Where did you find that Airguide compass? I've been looking for one of those for my Sedan.
      Steve Kiesel
      1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Rick:

It looks just fantastic. What outboard will you be using to power it? As for polishing and scratch removal for acrylic, I have used these Novus products with amazing results. In my thread about windshields, I mentioned that my BellBoy has a polycarbonate windshield that can be bent cold - the down side is that the material is soft and prone to scratches, if I am not very careful with it. The Novus products come in three stages, for light moderate and deep scratches. you can order these by Google Shopping and typing "Novus"

Best,
        Bob
        Attached Files

Comment

Homelite Bearcat

Looking good.
          I like the Homelite gauges in the dash. Sweet.

If you have never run a Bearcat engine, you will be SO surprised on how quite they are and how smooth they are.

I got my first Bearcat from Lon. Bill had sold the whole shootin match to Lon and then Lon sold out all his Bearcat stuff. Bill Roberts got back into it which I am So glad for as these are such sweet engines.

Now I have No worries in getting parts as Bill has a Large supply of OEM and used goodies. (used just means well tested

I don't think anyone knows as much about them as he does..
          Way to go Bill !!
          Helmar Joe Johanesen
          1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
          1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
          Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
          2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
          http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Going to run a Bearcat 55 and I got the Tach and Speedo from Bill Roberts and I got the Airguide Compass from Jon Norris who painted the boat. He had it from a garage sale and it was priced at $5.00 it was still in the box and had all the bulbs and info with it. He said he couldn't pass it up but didn't know what he was going to do with it. It will take on a whole new look this week !
            Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

As Freddie Prinz used to say "Looooooking goooood"

I use Meguiars on motorcycle windshields which are usually Lexan. They make a cleaner and a polish....keep the bottle shaken up as you use it as this stuff separates out like salad dressing and won't work very well unless it's blended. Don't know anything firsthand about the Novus.

Bearcat/Homelite/Fageol/Crosley engines have always fascinated me. I have a disassembled Crosley at work that I was toying with putting in a motorcycle. I keep thinking how neat it would be to run a pair of them on my Bell Boy!

PS Those gauges are too kool for school...if anyone has a spare compass like that please let me know!

Comment

There is a compass like that on Ebay. It has a copper case though. If it was chrome, I would go after it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-AIRGUIDE...3%3A1|294%3A50
                Steve Kiesel
                1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Thanks Steve...don't know I hadn't searched eBay...must be on account of sunspot activity. Can't help but wonder if the chrome was stripped off that compass as copper is one of the steps in plating. If this can be readily disassembled then re-chroming it should be easy.

Comment

Working...
                  X