Tyee painting questions?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyee painting questions?

The Tyee I bought from Bill is coming along nicely. Tim M. has the boat and his experience, good ideas, and hard work are getting this beautiful classic ready for the next 50 years! He will post pics soon!
    I'm looking for some input on paint and painting schemes. I figure many of you will have an opinion ready to share!
    Paint Choice: We've talked about choosing Interlux Perfection instead of Brightside because it appears to be more durable. Bill suggested Sterling LPU. It looks great and I have a call into his painter but I'm wondering about cost and if it will need a perfect prep job. I'm already spending more than I had planned (surprise!?) Do any of you have any insight to share on paint?
    Design: I'd like to hear any thoughts on design. I really like the full length stripe that Bill put all around below the black rubrail and how it wraps around the stern. It makes the boat look sleek. I'm thinking of putting this stripe (red or yellow?) above a white hull. I'm wondering whether to continue this color over onto the deck or go with a gray deck (doesn't show dirt so much....). If it seems like too much solid color above the rubrail maybe I could "frame" it in white...
    That leaves the upper structure around the windows. I'm wondering whether to have that match the stripe or maybe go white to tie into the hull color. and avoid a "peppermint striped" look...
    I'm certainly open to suggestions on this--please let me know your thoughts. I know your ideas will be valuable--and certainly entertaining!
    Thanks! -Ken

Heres a couple pictures of my Skagit painted with the Sterling. Jon Norris (Refered by Bill Roberts) painted it. I stripped all the hardware and did as much prep as I could(Some of what I did Slowed the process) Jon was real fast got the boat in and out in about a week.
    Attached Files
    Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

Working...
    X