Hydro - plane races Lake Washington..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hydro - plane races Lake Washington..

On Aug 4 Thur several of us will lauch at sand -Point and go out North, of the bridge to watch the BLUE ANGLES perform . This is a thrilling performance too watch, for we are right in the center of the areal Concert, '
    Aug 5 fri is a free day at the Hydro Races. We are going down earily
    in the morning arriving about 9 am taking the pit tour to watch, touch and get a up close look at the activity. Talk with the drivers , crew and enjoy the festivities.

If your interested in one or both of these fun activities call
    Ingvar Carlson 206-434-9482
    Ingvar (Swedster) Carlson

Ingvar ,
    I got offered a shot to run my SAFE boat with Vessel Assist this year so I`ll be out there working while we enjoy the show/races.:Police1:
    Two years back we had 100` temps and balmy nights so the Sat night Firework show was watched in shorts and t-shirts.
    North of I-90 and near Mercer Island had the best viewing of the Angels speed runs,btw.
    Should be fun but my Big 120/140 Looper is coming off for Fuel reasons......and for idling.
    Took it out yesterday for a test ride and with an empty tank and with just under 10 gallons in portables ,it took off like a Rocket ship.
    Had my front speakers mounted with only one screw each as I was to replace one time but didn`t have the right size plugs to fill them.....
    These both hit my rear deck instantly as they stayed in place and my hull hit 50 + mph in under 10 boat lengths.
    At 15`long ,it wasn`t as far as you`d think!
    Still shaking.
    Time to put my 70 hp on it (for towing and fuel reasons,and just plain sanity)and do up my Seafair stringers while it has no motor on it.Can`t talk my buddy into using the "sinker" for towing.
    My handle on the Vhf was "Safebutinsane" in the past but I`ll go by something tamer during this event.
    See you`all out there!
    TM
    unk.year 10` Mahogeny "DragonFly"racer
    15` SAFE boat w/120 hp Johnson
    SeaRay 175BR
    Hi-Laker lapline
    14` Trailorboat

Comment

Piston Power

Tim,

My next in person hydroplane "race" will be at Mahogany and Merlot Sept 29th - Oct 2nd on Lake Chelan with the Hydroplane museum folks.

I am thinking about opening Scrooge's purse and taking a ride this year before I get too old.

In any case the whoosh of the turbines will never compare with the rib rattling roar of the old Allison and Rolls powered Thunderboats.

Check out this film from last years "race"

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13pf_Ezw0Cg"]?Mahogany & Merlot Boat Show - 2010 - Chelan?‏ - YouTube[/ame]
      Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
      Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Comment

Working...
      X