San Juan Islands Overnight

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Juan Islands Overnight

The next trip is the San Juan Islands June 30th thru July 1St. We will start in Anacortes at 1PM and head up to the four remote Islands of the San Juan’s. Clark, Matia, Sucia and maybe Patos . The plan is to arrive at one of the docks on Sucia around 5 PM.

You can either spend the night tied to the dock sleeping on the boat or if staying in a tent, going ashore to the many nice camp sites with water views, tables and fire rings plus there is drinking water nearby and some picnic shelters.
    If there is no room at the dock there always is the possibility of tying up to a Park Buoy if available, or anchoring out in water 20 feet deep.

Saturday evening and night the tide is high and it is a high- low tide so we could bring our boats right up on the soft small pebble beach until bed time. After that you will have to be on the hook or buoy as the tide gets real low about 6 am on Sunday. I can ferry you back to the beach after the boat is out for the night and will take you back to your boat in the morning.

If you’re interested there are a few requirements--
    • boat needs to be able to cruise at 17 knots, will slow down if the conditions are lumpy
    • have enough fuel for 6 hours of run time
    • need anchor gear
    • overnight gear
    • chart, and or GPS is recommended

On Sunday there is a possibility of going into Friday Harbor for lunch or staying out on the outer Islands. We will return back at the launch around 4 pm.

If you’re interested let me know and I’ll do updates about a week prior to departure.
    Lowell
    1956 Enduracraft Monterey
    1976 Cal 2-27 Sailboat
    1986 Mariner XL Seakayak

Hey Lowell, what remote islands? Those are my closes neighbors! Anyway, Becky and I will probably hook up with you Saturday and/or Sunday. Will launch from Lummi Island and find you out there. If weather is good, I doubt chances on dock at Sucia. That is one busy park.
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

My wife and I will be staying at a house on the Cypress facing side of Guemes and might want to tag along for the day if the water isn't too bad. By the way, Vendovi is now open to the public and could be added to the itinerary. It's not a park and there isn't any camping, but it's new territory for almost anyone not a member of the Fluke family.

Comment

Vendovi Island

Originally posted by Stan D, post: 22506
        My wife and I will be staying at a house on the Cypress facing side of Guemes and might want to tag along for the day if the water isn't too bad. By the way, Vendovi is now open to the public and could be added to the itinerary. It's not a park and there isn't any camping, but it's new territory for almost anyone not a member of the Fluke family.
        I visited the Island twice already this year. There are nice hiking trails in the woods and great views to the south from up on a bluff. There is a nice est. 80 feet dock which you can tie up while visiting the Island, the visiting hours are 1000 to 1800 hrs. Well worth the visit if you enjoy hiking.
        1956 Enduracraft Monterey
        1976 Cal 2-27 Sailboat
        1986 Mariner XL Seakayak

Comment

San Juan plan

Lowell : We hope to make this trip - I had to re-place the outdrive in my Dorsett - blew a seal and the chain reaction led to a blown gear box . Solved my shifting problem , It was hard to find neutral and had a tendency to go from reverse to forward - thus the gearbox problem. Got it all fixed this weekend so we are planning to meet you along the way. We will be coming out of Bellingham so we can meet the group in Bellingham Channel or somewhere around Cypress . I'll get a hold of you this week :boater1: First time out this year !!
          Attached Files
          Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

Lowell, I'm especially looking forward to this event. I have never cruzed the San Juans so it will be a new adventure for me so I will be there as long as the weather cooperates.
            Greg James

Comment

Working...
            X