Silcox 17 convertable progress

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silcox 17 convertable progress

Got the boat out of the shed and ready for final engine adjustments and sea trials Monday morning. Should be ready for the fun to begin? It's been a long cold winter working with just a roof over the boat. Thanks to alot of good advice and luck it all came together. This boat is ready for another 50 years. Hope to see you all at opening day parade.
    Attached Files
    Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

I had the opportunity to view the boat up close and personal and meet Rick as well. The boat is absolutely beautifully done.
    1958 Skagit 20 Offshore hardtop cruiser "Kanigo"

Comment

Rick, Very nice job. It is always nice when all of the work is done ! See you on opening day. Best,Chuck
      1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
      1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Rick, Nice job....

Comment

Rick, The 17 looks fantastic! Always great to see one complete, and yours sure looks done. Look forward to meeting you and looking her over on opening day. - Ross
          Ross Henson

Comment

had a great day on the lake. Rick's Skagit looks good and is a sweet rig. Bill better not make fun of my Mercury since it is a Bill Roberts motor. Neither one of us emptied a tank of fuel. If we compare tanks used, I am in the running. My tank is 18 gallons, and Ricks was 6 gallons. I choose to compare tanks used instead of gallons used. Clint

Comment

Bill : Took it out today and ran from the north end of Lake Whatcom and half way back @4500 before I had to change the fuel tank! Got a good 3 hours out of a 6 Gal tank. Ran like a Swiss watch. Had no issues at all. I got some cable clamps and the steering issue is solved and I made some chafe guards for the control cables. Seems like everything is a go. Thanks for all your effort in getting this motor going and all the follow up. I'm a happy man !
              Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

Nice setup, nice boat, Great Engine.

Looks pretty sweet all finished up...

Big question, Now what?

What project is next
                Helmar Joe Johanesen
                1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
                1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
                Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
                2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
                http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Rick, wow, the Skagit really looks sharp on the water. I really like those wrap around windows. Have fun.
                  Steve Kiesel
                  1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by bham-rick, post: 2413
                    Bill : Took it out today and ran from the north end of Lake Whatcom and half way back @4500 before I had to change the fuel tank! Got a good 3 hours out of a 6 Gal tank. Ran like a Swiss watch. Had no issues at all. I got some cable clamps and the steering issue is solved and I made some chafe guards for the control cables. Seems like everything is a go. Thanks for all your effort in getting this motor going and all the follow up. I'm a happy man !
                    What speed are you running @4500 RPM ? 20 mph ??
                    3 hrs from 6 Gals = 2gph ... at 20mph would = 10mpg awsome on the water !!! Fun factor priceless !

Gotta get me one

Comment

Bearcat

Hey Dave.
                      I have been trying to tell people this for a Long time now.
                      The bearcat just Sips fuel.
                      Myself, I never run hard for a long time anyway and like pretty much any motor, you keep her down under 3000 RPM and it just gets better.

Bearcats Rule !!!
                      Helmar Joe Johanesen
                      1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
                      1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
                      Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
                      2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
                      http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Working...
                      X