Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can ye find me Treasure??

Arrrggghhh!! ye filthy cockaroachers,
    The time soon be upon us to be findin' me hidden treasure at Alder lake says I. If ye be figurin' it easy to find than ye be a true landlubber!! The treasure ye be seekin' was hidden by a pirate to be sure, and it be takin' a pirate to find it. Yer metal shall surely be tested and only those whose wit and cunning can match me own shall reap the booty! Know that ye shall be makin yer way through land and sea.... so ye be warned!! If ye be lucky enough to escape a trip to Davy Jones locker or a visit from the Kraken an' ye return with pilfered riches, thar be a feast waitin' with food and drink fit for a king.
    So ye scurvy dogs, with the deck of me ship swabbed an' pirate crew at the ready we be meetin' ye at Alder Lake on the 27th day in the year two thousand and nine for a treasure hunt unlike any ye have attempted. We figure to start the first wave of ye bilge rats on yer way beginning at 9:30 am. Thar be no need to worry if ye be late as we know some of ye be traversing a long distance to be there. Everyone will be leaving at different times so as not to over run me treasure or the pirates which be guarding it.
    ( If ye be staying at the Alder Lake Park we ask that ye not be goin' for an early mornin' sail on Saturday as we will be setting up. Any ship spotted in the early morning hours will be shown no mercy and her crew will be walkin' the plank!!! )
    The days be numbered, so be makin' ready yer ship and yer crew to set sail for Alder Lake!

...We pillage, we plunder we rifle and loot Drink up me hearties, yo ho...

- Capn' Slight Beard
    Attached Files

We are SO looking forward to this event.
    Not so sure we are going to find any treasure but sure willing to give it a try.
    Hell, Anything to get us off the farm will be a treat.

Don't have any pirate attire but do have one of my old biker do-rags that has sculls on it

Due to pirates on the lake, are we issues the same weapons or do we bring our own?
    I have some black powder stuff left from my collecting days if need be

I have never been at the lake so I will be one looking for detailed instructions as being an old truck driver, I can get lost in a round room if its off the Interstate
    Attached Files
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Helmar, yes to your own weapons! If you have a canon perhaps you might want to bring it, you just never know. We will be posting detailed directions from north and south I-5 so that everyone can find it. Also there are some directions listed on the Alder lake website:

http://www.mytpu.org/tacomapower/par...rk/Default.htm

Anyway, glad to hear your excited and more info coming soon so stay tuned!

Comment

Originally posted by Bis, post: 3936
        Helmar, yes to your own weapons! If you have a canon perhaps you might want to bring it, you just never know. We will be posting detailed directions from north and south I-5 so that everyone can find it. Also there are some directions listed on the Alder lake website:

http://www.mytpu.org/tacomapower/par...rk/Default.htm

Anyway, glad to hear your excited and more info coming soon so stay tuned!
        Good on the directions to the Ramp and Meeting place as I will need them
        Helmar Joe Johanesen
        1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
        1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
        Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
        2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
        http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Working...
        X