More Alder Lake details

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Alder Lake details

With the Alder lake Treasure Hunt just days away we thought we would post some final details for everyone. Just a couple of items left to finish before Saturday. In fact, the custom order we placed for the "treasure" has arrived and looks incredible. If you missed any of the previous posts on this event, here is a quick run down with detailed driving directions to the boat launch.

Alder lake is located right off of SR 7 near the towns of Eatonville and Elbe on your way to Mount Rainier National Park. The official address is: 50324 School Rd., Eatonville, WA 98328

Directions from Tacoma- From Tacoma, take I-5 south to State Route 512. Travel east on SR 512 about 2 miles to the Pacific Avenue exit (SR 7). Go south on SR 7 about 27 miles to the intersection with School Road at the Alder Parks Store. Turn right and follow the signs to the park.

Directions from Portland- I-5 N toward SEATTLE, Take the US-12 E exit, EXIT 68, toward MORTON/YAKIMA, Turn RIGHT onto US-12 for 31 miles, At the town of Morton, Turn LEFT onto WA-7/2ND ST/NATIONAL PARK HWY. Continue to follow WA-7 for 17 miles, Turn LEFT onto MOUNTAIN HWY E/WA-7 for 5.7 miles, Turn LEFT onto SCHOOL RD.

From both directions you will see the sign for Alder lake park. which is school road. ( I have posted a pic below of the sign) Once you are on school road you will pass a very small white church on your right. Continue going straight and as the road begins to turn right you will see the entrance to the boat launch directly in front of you. The boat launch is free! I will be at the launch to help and direct everyone.

If you are coming without a boat you may still park in this same area or you can drive into Alder lake park ( there is a day use fee of $5 ) and park your car right next to the pot luck area. From there you can meet up with everyone at the mooring docks just a short walk away.

Once you have launched your boat you will be directed to the mooring docks where you will receive your treasure map and other information. We will begin sending the first few boats on their way around 9:30AM. Everyone will be leaving at different times so arriving later is just fine.

We will be having a pot luck after the treasure hunt so bring something to share. If you need to heat your item you can use charcoal which you will need to bring but if it needs to be refrigerated you will need to bring a cooler. We will provide the plastic utensils for eating and the paper plates but please bring your own drinks and serving spoons, forks, etc.

If you have any questions feel free to send a message on the board or give me a call at 253-377-7868 On the day of the event you will not be able to reach me as my cell coverage is non-existent at this lake. Perhaps Marty or others could post their numbers as well in case someone needs assistance the day of the event?

We are very excited for the 27th to come!! With a full year of planning into this event it is a lot of fun to see it all come together. So if you care to partake in this lovely soiree or in other words pilfer yer black weaselly guts out then we'll see you at Alder lake this Saturday!!!
    Attached Files

Joe,
    My name is Jack Leslie (jaxbot). My wife, Elsa and I are new members of NW Classic Boat Club. I am looking forward to meeting you, and the rest of the club next Saturday at Alder Lake.
    Our boat is a 1948 Sande 14ft. It is a cedar strip-built boat with a single cylinder air-cooled inboard engine. ( I bought the hull from Marty 2 yrs. ago)
    We sure enjoy this boat, and cruise around Alder Lake quite often. We'll see you on Saturday, JACK
    Jack Leslie
    1948 Sande launch
    1962 Stiletto

Comment

Jack,
      Thanks for the reply. Were at Alder all the time as well. I'm surprised we've not met before. Looking forward to meeting you and your wife. See you Saturday!!

Comment

So I realize it may be a little late, but we have gotten our new boat into a usable condition. and we are trying to decide if we should make the 4 hour drive down from Bellingham..? This event sounds like it would be a lot of fun and a great chance to see a new lake, but we are still a little weiry of dragging the old trailer so far so soon...

If we decide to make the journey, is there a camp ground for tent camping there in the park or would we have to get a hotel???

Thanks,

Brian
        Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
        1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Brian,

You wont regret making the trip. Alder is a beautiful lake. There are sites for tents. The facilities are very nice, there are even coin op showers. If you want a little more info on the park etc. please go to this link:

http://www.mytpu.org/tacomapower/par...rk/Default.htm

We promise a fun filled day, and if last years potluck is any indication a fun and delicious meal!!
          Hope to see you there!

Comment

Brian

Brian, Rick & Sarah Love and Sheila and myself are talking about meeting at Exit 183 I-5 just south of Everett ( Wal Mart parking lot on the eastside of the freeway going southbound ) about 7:45a.m. Saturday ? Will that work for you? The Love's are from Bellingham as well. It is really a very nice park and last year everyone had a very good time. Come on Down ! Chuck
            1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
            1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Caravan from Bellingham

Brian: If you are spitting distance from Lake Whatcom then you must be close to me? I live on Erie St. just over the Hill off Alabama. I'm planing on leaving about 0600 to make it to Chucks at 0715. If you want me to follow you ,we can travel together. Boat U.S. has a special going through West Marine and I got full Boat Assist on salt water and trailer towing assist for up to 100 miles for $72.00 a year. It seemed like a good piece of mind for a cheap price. You also have to buy a membership and I think that was $25.00 Let me know if you want to trailer down with me and we can figure where to meet up ??
              Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

Brian, Rick , Sarah and Sheila are going to meet at the Wal Mart parking lot at Exit 183 southbound I-5 at 7:45 am Sat. Want to join us? That's the Mill Creek Exit just before Lynnwood. Chuck
                1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
                1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Joe and Amanda,

Since my Playmaster will not make it for the event (anyone want to buy a boat ) I will have my Tolly for the day. I know that the launch and docks will be fine for a inboard with prop and rudder, but does the actual treasure hunt require beaching and hiking? Not that it will effect me coming, I just want to see if Cole will need his swim suit to go ashore.
                  BRIAN FRANCHINI
                  LAKE TAPPS, WA.

Comment

Brian,
                    Great question! No beaching or swimming required but there is a designated swim area at the day use area where we will be at if you or Cole are so inclined. You may want more than sandals or flip flops for a very short walk, if there is walking to do that is???? We can't be sure where the pirates hid their treasure so just be prepared. Those pesky pirates can be quite sneaky!

Comment

Traffic Heads up Saturday through Seattle

Those of you coming down through Seattle should know there's a "Pride" parade and a HUGE Rock and Roll Marathon (25k runners) that will be closing off some roads and sending traffic to alternate routes from Tukwilla up through town...

Check the closures and detours so you can get down there before the foods' all gone...

;-p
                      '59 19' Glasspar Club Mariner (for sale)
                      '63 17' OMC Deluxe (My current lust boat)
                      '65 16' Evinrude Sweet 16 (for sale)

Comment

alder lake

mark and julie will show up got the day off no boat though but want to take pic of boat best mark bremerton

Comment

I smell SMOKE !

Apple and Pecan wood smoke. Four racks of St Louis style ribs went in the smoker at 8:00AM.

We won't have a boat as usual, but there may be a surprise desert if there are enough Raspberries ripe today.
                          Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
                          Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Comment

WOW! 10:00 in the morning and my mouth is watering already. I can't wait.
                            Low and Slow baby!!

Comment

Working...
                            X