Airguide Gauges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airguide Gauges

Does anyone know the trick to disassembling Airguide gauges? I need to get inside to the internals. It looks like the front cap piece comes off (see pic) but I cant figure out how to remove it without damage.
    Attached Files
    Mark
    Silverdale, WA.
    1956 BellBoy Express 16

Okay, I managed to figure it out on my own...

For those who may be interested it's actually pretty easy. Sorry for the blurry photos...

The seam towards the top of the gauge is what we focus on first. This seam is where the top cap that holds the glass meets the main body of the gauge. It's the same with flush mount or surface mount models.

First, make sure the main body of the gauge is held securly in place. I mounted the gauge to my workbench. Then, take a wood paint stick and gently tap the cap upwards with a hammer. Work your way around the gauge so you dont bend the cap.

Once the cap is off you have access the glass. It's likely stuck on there pretty good. If you're careful, you can use a small flathead screwdriver to gently pry up the glass. A suction cup might work if you have one handy...

Once the glass is removed. Just remove any screws from the backside of the gauge and everything will come apart. Thats it!

Hope this helps someone.
    Mark
    Silverdale, WA.
    1956 BellBoy Express 16

Comment

Working...
    X