March 27th--Snohomish River and Sloughs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ready to go!!

Lowell, I am still planning on going as well! I put some fresh fuel in and my 'ol Homlite,and she fired right up this morning... Supposed to be nice tommorrow think I'll dunk her in Lake Stevens Sunday A.M. for a test and see if any of the Kokenee are awake with the warming weather. See you on the river! - Ross
    Ross Henson

Comment

Me too

I'm following Ross's lead and am pulling the Sabrecraft out today and firing up the Homelite, so I should be ready to go next weekend.

Tim

Comment

Lowell, See you on Sunday. Did you say we are launching at the 10th street ramp in Everett ? Chuck
        1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
        1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

It's an early start.

Need to be in the water and ready to go by 0900 hrs. and the launch ramp is in Everett at 10th Street and West Marine View Drive.
          High tide is at 1137 so we don't have much time to be on the River. I would like to be done boating on the upper reaches and out of the sloughs by 1400 hrs.

After we're done on the river and the seas are calm, I plan on heading out into the Bay and look for grey whales. They are usually about one mile west of Jetty Island. If you want to extend the adventure, bring--- food, fuel and water.

I hope next weekend is as nice as last weekend, I can't believe I spent it doing yard work.----Darn!!!!
          1956 Enduracraft Monterey
          1976 Cal 2-27 Sailboat
          1986 Mariner XL Seakayak

Comment

I'm ready

I'm ready to go, I fired up the Homelite yesterday and it started on the first revolution. :BigHappy1:

The weather this weekend had me itching to get on the water!

Comment

Lowell, My boat is still at the glass shop. They have been having a hard time getting the rubber for around the windshield plexi. I refered them to Jefco Rubber and I think they either have it by now or they will sometime this week, if so I might be able to make it. They have had my boat for 6 weeks. I still have some touch up to do and I can't put some of the hardware on until thats done. This has been really frustrating but hopefully I can make some more progress this week.
              Greg James

Comment

lowell, re snohomish venture of 3/27 - important tips. trail 20' bowline beneath 16' boat in order to snag sturgeon.if line fouls prop leap in water and tow boat into reeds to avoid smart aleck passing boatmen. if lower unit gets stuck in weeds gracefully clamber over windshiel to prow and jump uppy down cleverly dislodging prop from weeds. avoid sneaky -photographer intent upon getting your butt on facebook. leap back in and tow boat back to ramp like humphry bogart. once on dry land shake crawdads from pants to avoid nasty nips. i may not be there this year as i am recovering from water moccasin bite.

richard

Comment

Hope you can make it!

Richard,

I sincerely hope you can make it to this cruise, it just wouldn't be the same without you.

The rest of us would do well to listen to your important tips, for you speak not only with the wisdom of your many years, but with the wisdom of experience.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Richard

There are ways to avoid all those events that appear to make someone question your motives. Start the trip with the group, stay with the group then you will not appear to be doing strange weird boating stuff in the reeds because all of us may be following you and think its normal and fun.
                    1976 Cal 2-27 Sailboat
                    1986 Mariner XL Seakayak

Comment

March 27 THis Sunday

Hello
                      I am interested in going on the event this Sunday.
                      I understand we R to depart the Everett Marineat 9 am.
                      Can U e-mail details or give me a call
                      Ingvar Carlson 206-434-9482
                      ingvarswedecarlson@yahoo.com.
                      Is gas available at a marina up stream- ?
                      Ingvar (Swedster) Carlson

Comment

Lowell, I'm going to have to back out. Something came up, and I won't be able to attend. You all have a great time.
                        Steve Kiesel
                        1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

March 27 THis Sunday

I will be there unless it rains . A little tired after the Marine Swap Meet at the
                          Des Moines Yacht Club this sat 9-3. Anyone need something? , want to sell something?, or help promote club,at our booth ?. Give me a call
                          Ingvar Carlson 206-434-9482.
                          What off ramp from Hwy 5 do we take. ?
                          Ingvar (Swedster) Carlson

Comment

Directions to the launch and wayward travelers.

Take the Pacific Ave exit off I-5
                            West on Pacific Ave
                            Right on West Marine View Dr
                            Left on 10th steet
                            Launch is at the west end of 10th street

I will be going rain or shine but won't go in a hard downpour. Just read in the paper the grey whales are in. After the river trip will you join me out in the Bay to visit our guests from Baja?
                            1976 Cal 2-27 Sailboat
                            1986 Mariner XL Seakayak

Comment

SUNDAy, SunDay, sunday!

Whoa, thanks Ingvar! Without consulting the calendar, I was assuming that this was a normal Saturday event...guess we would've been early for once.

Holly, Coulee and I will be slow cruising in the unrestored Bryant/Homelite combo that Tim and I keep around just in case nothing else is ready. Weather be damned we're launching...:Raining::fishing:
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by slo-mo, post: 16384
                                Whoa, thanks Ingvar! Without consulting the calendar, I was assuming that this was a normal Saturday event...guess we would've been early for once.

Holly, Coulee and I will be slow cruising in the unrestored Bryant/Homelite combo that Tim and I keep around just in case nothing else is ready. Weather be damned we're launching...:Raining::fishing:
                                Did we ever decide on a name for the beast? I know we were partial to Anti-SOShull, but after taking her out a couple times I really think Big Slow suits her better. :Slow1:

Comment

Working...
                                X