Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

San Juan Island Adventure, 2011 (update)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lowell, post: 17746
    Joe,
    The starting time is 10 am leaving from the Cap Sante Marina in downtown Anacortes, this location is differant then last year. If John misses us for some reason the route is differant then last year too. We will go north on the east side of Guemes Is. then towards Lummi and onto Clark Island. It is too bad your boat is not ready, maybe I will see it this summer sometime?
    I will give John this message.

And, I am "planing" to be on the Vets event.
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Jerry

Originally posted by Lootas1, post: 17747
      Coming up the east side of Clark? Maybe we'll wait for you there.
      Jerry
      Sounds good we will wait for 1/2 hour at Clark Island for you at the pebble beach on the SE Side. If we leave on time should be there around 1030-1100. My Cell # is-- (Four, two, five) 327-2201.
      Lowell
      1956 Enduracraft Monterey
      1976 Cal 2-27 Sailboat
      1986 Mariner XL Seakayak

Comment

Boat is provisioned, I don't have to work, and am ready to hook up and go! Since I'm a compulsively early sort, i am launching at Washington Park and tooling around before The 10:00 launch time, so i will see you all outside Anacortes.
        We may have some intersting weather after the small craft warnings for tonight. Showers, and SUN!
        Lowell, my cell is two zero six three 5 three 5 zero three one
        ChuckB
        "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." K. Grahame "The Wind in the Willows"

Comment

I'm hooked to boat and expect to launch around 9:30 to be at Clark around 10:30 as I'll drag my dinghy which will slow me down. Especially if it is rough out there tomorrow morning. Wind is supposed to be from the south at 8 most of the day rising to 10 mph by mid afternoon and dropping to 6 mph in evening. My cell is 360-224-2065.
          Jerry
          There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Okay,

I'll see you out on the water, rain or shine. I'm looking forward to this trip.
            1956 Enduracraft Monterey
            1976 Cal 2-27 Sailboat
            1986 Mariner XL Seakayak

Comment

Lowell-ChuckB-Jerry. Do you have a write up on your weekend in the San Juan's with pictures ? Chuck
              1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
              1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Chuck C. I went out Saturday morning in the rain and had a heart to heart talk with Rosario. She was all hooked to the truck and ready to launch. I said to her "Do you want me to pull off your cover and let the rain in?" I swear she shook her pretty head and said "Let the bold go out upon the saltchuck. Let's undo the truck and I'll take a little snooze and you can go back inside and drink coffee." I told Becky what Rosario said and she said we were a couple of wimps and then poured herself another cup of coffee and started writing her honeydoo list. Right now she is painting the computer room. Tomorrow we'll go to town and buy more paint. Some bright, bright sunshiny day we'll take Rosario out for a spin. Now that's my story. I haven't heard from Lowell and Chuck B. but I'm expecting a report of how the sun shone on the San Juans, the seas were glassy calm and what kind of fool was I to listen to a boat that is old enough to be my wife!

Comment

Jerry, Fool ? ?....no way ! OMG now she has you talking to her ? I have been wondering when this would happen. That is what she did with me ! The day you came to take Rosario home ( 2009 ) i thought that i might tell you about that little thing , but decided you just might get scared off and think i was crazy. I kept thinking maybe i was hearing things. I guess that's why she was special....i think. I like that part you said about being old enough to be the wife age as i recalled a conversation with Becky about that. Bainbridge is nothing like Rosario as she sits there and saids lets go...screw the weather ! She only said that when she is sitting in the shelter however. Sometime's i wonder if Itchy is going to start this talking thing. She just sit's and looks at me when i'am working on Bainbridge. Maybe i will cover her up. Is it Skagits that do this as the Farallon never did except when i gave her a pat on the hull and said goodbye in the driveway before she started her big trip across the county last year i think i heard something....Humm Chuck
                  Attached Files

Comment

Great reply Chuck. Now everyone is going to know there are at least a couple of crazy old coots in the club. Hope we don't scare away sane classic boat owners.
                    Jerry

Comment

Wait till it's their turn to be the crazy old coots and they start to hear voices and then we can say we told you so !

Comment

The voices, The voices, I can't make them stop. :Shocked:
                        Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
                        Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Comment

Originally posted by Sammamish1, post: 17816
                          The voices, The voices, I can't make them stop. :Shocked:
                          You hear them too?!??

Comment

Working...
                          X