boat flooring

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boat flooring

What should I use for the flooring, carpet or matting, truck bed liner?

What's it going in? How will you be using your boat? I've seen some beautiful wood floors but I wouldn't be dumping crap pots on them.
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Porch paint

I used American tradition porch paint off the shelf from lowes. Gray in color non skid. Keeps you sure footed, hoses right off and applied over new fiberglass. hasn't peeled anywhere and I leave my boat out. Been over 3 maybe 5 years. John

Comment

Floor options include the basic Porch paint that is water based, is easy to apply and tough once dry.Edges with water present may fail over time but easily touched up with spare paint held in the fridge.
        Grey or colored Vinyl Flooring is very tough ,quickly layed out and glued,hides flaws and stains nicely ,and gives a factory fresh look.Runs up to $20 a Yard x 72`` Wide.Edges do want to roll back up unless tighlty glued and seeing standing water often.
        Cheaper Grey Welt can also be had ,similar to trunk liner ,pre-glued slightly on one side ,and easliy conforms to round and weird shapes.About $12/ a yard when you can find it......
        Carpet is nice in Skiboats( barefeet) ,but is harder to dry out when washing or in wet weather.
        Again ,use and how it is stored will usually lead you one way or another.
        True Classics should be worthy of Gel Coat if you can match it and have a good gelcoat guy......
        Being able to stand firmly in rough seas or being able to wash out corners without having standing water are the things to balance,budget will of course trump all.
        If using material,note that being UV stable is very important for long-term survival.This is why Marine materials (usually....)cost so much.
        TimM
        unk.year 10` Mahogeny "DragonFly"racer
        15` SAFE boat w/120 hp Johnson
        SeaRay 175BR
        Hi-Laker lapline
        14` Trailorboat

Comment

flooring

Thanks for the ideas guys. I'll probably be using the floor paint. The boat is a 16" 1964 Harvey. Someone glued carpet in it at one time. The boat will be used for pleasure and fishing. Grey would go with the lounge seats I'll be installing. Here's a pic of the boat:
          Attached Files

Comment

Hmm ... I see a Homelite control and a very familiar hood lurking in the background ... let me know if you need a graphics set for it.

Comment

graphics

Hey, I will be needing a graphics set. Do you have all the decals that go on this Homelite/Bearcat? Do you have Homelite or Bearcat? How much?

Comment

Originally posted by darmandude, post: 11913
                Hey, I will be needing a graphics set. Do you have all the decals that go on this Homelite/Bearcat? Do you have Homelite or Bearcat? How much?
                Sent you a PM

Comment

Originally posted by darmandude, post: 11913
                  You have someone in Gresham that has a few of those Homelite Bearcats as well.
                  Helmar Joe Johanesen
                  1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
                  1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
                  Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
                  2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
                  http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Helmar, and who might that be? Gresham is in my back yard!

Comment

Bearcat Engines RULE

Originally posted by darmandude, post: 11958
                      Helmar, and who might that be? Gresham is in my back yard!
                      Look for Super Sportster in the Homelite/Bearcat Operating Room under Engines. He is into the Bearcats Big time. Knows them pretty well,....No, he knows them Very well.

I lived in Sandy for 35 years so I had to go though Boring to get to you
                      Helmar Joe Johanesen
                      1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
                      1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
                      Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
                      2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
                      http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Homelight Bearcat

Go to www.bearcat55.com web site he has all the parts and pieces you will need also ; I bought mine from him and it has never missed a beat. Had it in storage for 9 months and it fired right up just last week . :boater1:
                        Attached Files
                        Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

Hey Tim, go ahead and send me info on the bearcat "bumper stickers" and "safety-mate" controls stickers. I can't seem to send private messages. I could send you my email address, but not in an open forum.

Comment

OK, give me a couple of days to get current pricing and I'll let you know.

Comment

Here's the floor repair on my 1964 16"6" Harvey. I found a strange part, (in red), glassed to the bottom under the foam blocks. I don't think it is structural, maybe used for wires or something. I removed it before I put the foam back in. The stringers were in good shape and even had "Builders Square" price tages on them. I re-glued them back in place after moving them to make the floor more level. I also added crossboards to tie the stringers together and give the floor more support. You can also see the inside of the transom where the fiberglass was de-lamed. The wood of the transom was intact.
                              I would like to know what to use on the floor? How many layers of what
                              weight fabric should I use? About how much resin will I need?
                              This info will prepare my wallet for thinning I suspect.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X