Tee Nee Trailer Restoration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Road Trip today

Took the trailer out for a road trip today to make sure the new bearings were set and everything was set to go. Towed like a dream when I get the bolts back for the rollers and carpet the bunks it will be ready for a boat . :fishing:

I also had some I.D. Tags reproduced they came out really nice , Originals were glued on and alot of them fell off , I had one on but it was in pretty bad shape.
    Attached Files
    Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

Ya know seeing that the Subaru will be the tow vehicle for the Falls Flyer / Tee Nee trailer combo I think maybe we should paint the Subaru's wheels Red..
      1958 Skagit 20 Offshore hardtop cruiser "Kanigo"

Comment

I vote for red wheels and yellow racing stripes

Comment

Clint,

The Subaru is white so I don't think yellow racing stripes are going to work well. The racing stripes should be Red and pin striped(outlined) in yellow .
          1958 Skagit 20 Offshore hardtop cruiser "Kanigo"

Comment

Final Details

Got the original scripts off of my winch stand and Forrest at specialty plating soaked them in his Muratic acid tank for a while to remove the old paint. Low and behold they are Red Plastic. Spent about two hours with some needle files and razor blades and they cleaned up really nice. Don't see many of these around. All of the studs on the back were broken off except one so I drilled out a small hole in the back and found an old red plastic swizzle stick that I cut some pieces off of to make some new post ?? Hope it works . Also got the new I.D. tag and safety chains mounted and the bolts for the rollers with new Stainless nuts and washers . That brown piece of rubber on the winch stand is just temporary until I find the spot to mount it when I get the boat on the trailer - Don't want to scratch the paint when I move it Running out of things to do so it's time to get back to the Flyer so I can paint the bottom and flip her over
            Attached Files
            Rick & Sarah

Comment

Those scripts are too cool. I'll bet you're the only one in the club who can say he restored hus trailer with a swizzle stick!

Comment

Food & Beverage perks

Originally posted by Tim McCrain, post: 19351
                Those scripts are too cool. I'll bet you're the only one in the club who can say he restored hus trailer with a swizzle stick!
                I guess there are a few benefits to working in the F&B industry. I racked my brain to think of what I could use for plastic post. You should have seen the bright light come on when I saw my little Cocktail shaker full of assorted swizzle sticks Especially that one for Southern Comfort & Coke
                Rick & Sarah

Comment

Done as done can be ?

I think it's complete only thing left to do is adjust the rollers and bunks and also when I get the boat on it I will move the winch stand to it's final resting spot. I will also put the jack stand and spare tire holder on when the boat is in place .

Thanks for all the technical help Melanie ! :BigHappy1:
                  Attached Files
                  Rick & Sarah

Comment

Looks really good

Comment

Very nice job on the trailer, Rick. Excellent attention to the fine details !
                      Fine paint job, Melanie !

Comment

Satisfying!

I just love a story with a happy ending! Kudos to you both Rick and Melanie! -Ken

Comment

Trailer with Boat

Here's what the trailer looks like with the flyer on top. Got her loaded up to go to the shop. Hope to get it warm enough to get some primer on it. Trailer is the perfect size for the boat. All I need now is a nice vintage white Merc 58A - anybody got one they don't want ??
                          Attached Files
                          Rick & Sarah

Comment

Rick, That will be one great looking combo when finish ! Chuck
                            1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
                            1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

, that is going to be a sweet package Rick.
                              Helmar Joe Johanesen
                              1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
                              1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
                              Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
                              2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
                              http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Rick and Meleny, Fantastic job. That is the nicest TeeNee I've ever seen. A whole lot of Love and some Meleny mixed in has gone a long ways. Love the detail. Thanks for sharing your progress, it is really appreciated.
                                Greg James

Comment

Working...
                                X