twin matching homelite 55's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• twin matching homelite 55's

Just picked up a 18c powercat with matching homelites, I going to restore it, however, I can work omc's but know nothing about the crosley's, I am willing to sell the homelites to someone who can. the motors are 100% complete. 600.00 for the pair, the bad part, I fish in Washington, but live in New Mexico, I realize shipping 600 lbs is not cheap, but I have them email me or call 505-879-6808. I have pictures.

Those are not hard to work on. Real points and coil like a car.
    I am sure you will find some support here and Fiberglassics on them.
    Parts are still available, tune up stuff is available at your local Napa store too.

But, 600 for the pair is a good price...
    Post some pictures here :TakePicture1::TakePicture1:
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

homelite pictures

I have got them trying to figure out how to move from my email to posting section.

Comment

Hello yearly!

Posting pictures can be a challenge on some forums 'cause they all seem to have different methods to get it done. On this one, try scrolling down in the window that opens when you hit "reply". You will see a button that says "manage attachments". When ya click on that, another window will open that has a button labeled "Choose file". That button will let you browse your file directories to the photo you want to share. Good luck! Hope to see those twin Homelites!

Oh yeah... when you have the photos open in your email, right click on them and choose "Save Image As..." then you can save it to the desktop or any file directory of your choice (assuming you're using Windows). You can also rename the file at that time if you want to. Hope this helps.

Comment

[ATTACH]11924.vB[/ATTACH] okAY HERE IT GOES
          Attached Files

Comment

Okay i think i got this down, have many additional photos,
            Attached Files

Comment

Looks like a couple very early unmolested originals, battery regulators, gear reduction starters, chrome brow trim and no thermostats. Even has Homelite brand oil filter. Cool!
              Dick Johnson
              1989 16ft Sylvan (Bought it New)
              '57 Evinrude 18hp
              '61 Johnson 5.5hp LS
              '72 Johnson 6hp
              '61 Homelite 55 Shortshaft
              '65 Homelite 55
              '68 Bearcat 55 (3)
              '70 Bearcat 55 (1)

Comment

homelites

checked the oil in both remarkable shape, no water. thanks for stopping by and taking a look, I have the original twin controls, the cables to motors are cooked by the desert sun, is there anyway to start these motors without the keys, I remember my dad jumping old dodges with a knife I have no keys to the box , I would just like to see if the starters bump and turn the motors after I soak the holes with some sea foam for a couple of weeks and oil up to the full mark.

Comment

Hot Wire Homelite

You can hot wire it just like a old car.
                  Power from starter solenoid up to the Plus +, on the coil.
                  Then trigger the starter solenoid.
                  Helmar Joe Johanesen
                  1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
                  1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
                  Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
                  2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
                  http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

bumping the starter

Helmar, thanks this would be a major step forward in assessing the motors, d. The guy I bought the boat from said the motors were running with no problems, when he fell out of the boat and almost drowned, scared him so bad, that he parked the boat in 1976 never to be used again.StirPot

Comment

If you're serious about actually attempting to fire off the engines read my starting a barn find under the Homelite/Bearcat engine section of the forum.

Joe, you think we could make that a sticky?
                      Dick Johnson
                      1989 16ft Sylvan (Bought it New)
                      '57 Evinrude 18hp
                      '61 Johnson 5.5hp LS
                      '72 Johnson 6hp
                      '61 Homelite 55 Shortshaft
                      '65 Homelite 55
                      '68 Bearcat 55 (3)
                      '70 Bearcat 55 (1)

Comment

barn find directions

Dick thank you, for the post on barn finds, I am going to leave them alone, and pass them on as is to someone with your knowledge, my dad was a wrench, I remember him cussing alot, fixing something, that someone else had started and messed things up like me lol

Comment

Time flys

Originally posted by yearley, post: 20908
                          Helmar, thanks this would be a major step forward in assessing the motors, d. The guy I bought the boat from said the motors were running with no problems, when he fell out of the boat and almost drowned, scared him so bad, that he parked the boat in 1976 never to be used again.StirPot
                          Ran no problems in 1976 -- that's 36 years ago :Shocked:
                          Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

update

thanks, for the interest and comments, I got a phone call from a forum member, nice chat, I know the distance is a pain on these motors, The chinook run on the Colombia looks great, I really want to head up there, this would kill two birds with one stone, load them up in my 4 banger pickup, and head north.

Comment

sold the blocks

I have sold the blocks to a midget racer in new jersey, so I will be parting out the motors, if anybody needs parts other than the blocks, let me know, the money is going to be used on the dorsett floors and transom.

Comment

Working...
                              X