WTB - Uniflite emblems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB - Uniflite emblems

Long shot, but I'm on the hunt for some vintage Uniflite emblems for the sides of my boat.

Thanks!

Like this...I'd even take this red one
    20090604_61_uniflite_express_062.jpg

Comment

Over on the sister site, fiberglassics.com, I found Larry. He makes reproductions, and thanks to him I have a beautiful set of Bell Boy emblems. wintageboatworks@msn. I hope he's still doing it.

Comment

Thanks, I'll look him up!

Do you have any pics of your emblems?

Comment

It's hard to get a good picture- it's like taking a picture of a mirror. But here's one [ATTACH]14975[/ATTACH]
          Attached Files

Comment

If you have any brochures you could take that to a sign shop and they can shoot from that on their computer and make up a decal any size / color. That is what i have done when i could not find a original . They can also do it in chrome lettering as well. Prism Graphic in Seattle can do it.
            Attached Files
            1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
            1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

They both look good! I'm going for the metal route initially, stickers if I come up empty.

Comment

Kelly,

I just received a set of stickers from a fellow I found on ebay. Dave Shabestari ( david@shabestari.com ). If you look on ebay you can see examples of his work. I worked with him to repro Bell Boy logos as well as the boat name and EZ loader decals for the trailer. Prices are good and he will do custom work. Look him up if you can't get the metal emblems.
                John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
                Past Affairs:
                '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

Thanks John. Can you post some pictures of your new stickers?
                  I sent Larry an email (mentioned above) to see if he's still reproducing some. Once I get an answer I'll go from there.

Comment

Sure. I'll have to snap some shots. They won't be super clear though since they still have their protective coating on them.
                    John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
                    Past Affairs:
                    '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

Hey Kelly,
                      If you have someone you know at a foundry I have the original ones on my boat if they want to take a sand cast. They want $435 for a new pair. Otherwise I have seen a few stickers and they look pretty good.

Comment

$435? Yikes. ..I was quoted around $80 yesterday, but that is without the chrome. Not sure what it would be after the chrome.
                        Thanks for the offer Nick, I'll let you know.

Comment

Nick, I got a hold of Larry and he said if you'd like to ship them to him direct, he'll get them back to you as soon as he's finished. If you're comfortable with this idea I'll text you his address.

Comment

I can do that no problem. Do you have his number also? Just want to make sure he gets everything he needs.

Comment

Nick I'll get his number to you as soon as possible!

Comment

Working...
                              X