Anyone Photoshop savvy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Photoshop savvy?

I'm looking at getting a top done for the boat this week. With that, I'm trying to pick a color that will go with the "future color" of the boat. I'm not any good with Photoshop and the stuff I do in mspaint is rather crude so I'm looking for help in virtually painting our boat.

Any takers? I was thinking where the brown is, I would do the subaru outback blue and where the cream color is I'd go with the silver color on the subaru...

[ATTACH]15545[/ATTACH]
    Attached Files

Kelly, I would go with Dark Blue canvas being it does not show the dirt and besides it looks sharp. Are you thinking of using auto paint "Subaru outback blue" ??? If so i would myself stick with marine paint if that is the case. Call if you would like too. 1-800-637-9190 Chuck
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Should be aware that the Subaru colors are probably metallic paints which are harder to spray than non-metalic paints. Easy to get unwanted "spray waves" in metallics. Colors might be available in non-metallic. You talking about urethane paint?
      Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

No metallic paint, just thinking of going with the color combo. I'm not completely sold on the colors, hence the call out for a virtual paint job. I'll go with a marine paint, especially after reading all the post here. I'm paying attention to you guys

Comment

Kelly, I would wait till you have repainted the boat as you will have to "go around" all of the new canvas snaps if you do the canvas work first AND like "someone i know", you just might change your mind on the color combo's.

Comment

Kelley,

I faced the same delima with the 404. What I did was print a picture of the 404 and then I traced the boat on a plain piece of paper. Lower hull lines blocked by the trailer were extrapolated to make the boat whole. I got as many details as I could and then hardened the lines. Once that was done, I copied the tracing. From there, I handed the drawings out to my family and with colored pencils we all wen't to work. We tried all sorts of combos but eventually we went with the version you see now, which was my wife and my combo. She put the dark blue on top and I went with the light blue on bottom.

Don't be afraid to try all sorts of combos. You never know what might just work!
            John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
            Past Affairs:
            '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

A friend in the boating world ( he really knows his stuff ) once told me to stay within two colors but never more than three at the most, otherwise it starts looking dizzy. I like to push the envelope so i usually go for three.I have to have a challenge. I feel coming up with the paint combo is the fun part ! Whatever you do, it will look great !

Comment

I'm pretty savvy with photoshop. You'd need a better picture of the boat (in the sun or bright overcast) No hard shadows. Picture above, side we're looking at is in the shade.

Picture directly 90 degrees on the beam or slightly forward of midships. From a perspective slightly above the deck line.

Would also like a pallet of colors to work with.....colors in the ball park.

My Saratogan has three colors. Cream, teal and black. The black sets off the gunwale/rub rail line.
                The bridge also is black, which is pretty unusual. Looks good though.

Saratogan hull 2 will be three colors as well, but the bridge will be cream.

McSkagit
                Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Tim I'll try and get a better pic for you.

John, I like the way you got your family involved, awesome!

Chuck, I gotta get the top because I don't think I can do the bodywork and paint this year. I don't want to rush anything and I don't feel ready to do bodywork and paint just yet, but I need a top for this year. It's a dilemma but I don't know what else to do.

Comment

Working...
                  X