Discussions.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discussions.

Not sure what everyone has been doing but hey, this is Our forum and we can change the rules if and when we want.
    So, with that, we can discuss fishing or whatever, right
    I remember Greg James, when we would go to different events, he was always fishing....

Anyway, What is everyone been up too ??

Me, working on getting my new shop built and back into production.
    Right now, things have comes to a stand still due to needing concrete, extension, roof so I am still working out of the big RV storage area.
    Projects are stacking up. I have Ed's Bell Boy that is my main project and then I am wanting to park next to it my 20 Skagit Offshore.
    When I get glass word done and curing, I can tinker around on the Skagit.
    With the plainer and jointer, I also like doing things like flower boxes, stuff to make the area look nicer.

Another thing I have not done in awhile is my Ham radio stuff. I still have my 50 foot aluminum tower to put up. Its a free standing tower, only trick is to dig a big hole and drive in cement truck to bolt the tower to it ;-) Most of all I do any longer is just the local emergency stuff on 2 meters. I still own to HF long range radios that is fun listening to foreign countries some times...

Another thing I got myself into is those little RC trucks called Rock Crawlers. My Son got into that with my grand youngens just like I did with him when he was little. Those things are just too real looking and pretty amazing. No blasting around, you just crawl up and around big rock piles. Its almost like real life but on a budget....Pretty interesting.

I can also tell you that my New Years Resolution is to get my 20ft Offshore Skagit ready for the water come spring and summer and the grand plan (kind of like on of my Bucket List items) is to launch some place in Portland and head all the way down to Astoria and back up. I figure its going to take a couple of days anyway.

So, how about you ???
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

I've been focusing on family and adjusting to a new preschool schedule... Being an at-home-dad has been become a real joy, although I seem to have even less time to work on restoring our Chris Craft... I am working on gathering supplies to sand/repair/fill the fatigued finish then I am going to spray a few coats of new paint this winter!! Hoping to have it in full glory before opening day as ACBS-PNW is hosting the international quarterly meeting during opening day and there are already 55+ folks from around the world of ACBS schedule to be on hand!! Seeing how we are the only active Fiberglassic in the local chapter I feel some pressure to represent strong for all my glassic brotheren!

Otherwise, live up here in Bellingham has truly become "the city of subdued excitement"! Michele and I are still on the hunt for a 28-31 foot 6-sleeper cruiser to have in Bellingham bay so we can teach the boys the joy of saltwater boating; crabbing, island hopping, and the San Juans!!

November was extremely disappointing as I missed the potential planning meeting for NWCBC then a week later I was sick and missed the annual planning meeting for ACBS-PNW (where I am on the board, so I really should have been there)... Hopefully 2016 will bring good weather and more free time to play with our friends!!!

Keep warm and stay safe!
    Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
    1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

I just retired, so I suddenly have time on my hands. My wife and I want to do some leisurely traveling around the U.S., so I bought a 1950 travel trailer that needs a complete rebuild. Give me something to work on while Helmar completes my Bellboy 21. (See http://www.edwinbrown.net/Coastbilt/). Of course I picked an El Niņo year, so I mostly am waiting for rain-free intervals.

And I want to get some fishing in this winter.

Comment

That is pretty cool for sure.
        We used to have some members that got into the trailer restoration up around Bellingham. Not sure of the forum they were on but will look around for it.
        Helmar Joe Johanesen
        1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
        1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
        Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
        2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
        http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

That would be Rick Love and his wife! They have rebuilt a few trailers.. Congrats on retirement!!! Now you'll have lots of time and no money!
          Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
          1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Working...
          X