1960 Skagit 17 INBOARD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1960 Skagit 17 INBOARD

Boat is complete minus windshield. Blue and white - original gelcoat. Was on Tahoe all of it's life, and kept in a barn untill 2 years ago. I have looked over the boat & have found no rot. The flooring could use some re-tabbing to the hull, but there are no soft spots. No hull damage. The driveshaft, shaft log, and strut have been removed, but are present. A new cutlass bearing for the strut, and a new boot for the stuffing box will be needed. Shaft and prop are in nice shape. Michigan DynaJet cupped bronze prop is a beauty - was trued up by a prop shop 30 years ago, not used since. Gas tank will need sealing or replacement. The engine is amazing. It is a fresh 312 Y block with perhaps 25 hours since rebuild in the 1970s. Engine was pickled by previous owner then stored in a barn for 30 years. This was a high performance build to compensate for the altitude at Tahoe. The engine was blueprinted and balanced, an Iskenderian camshaft, Melling high volume oil pump, and other goodies were done to it. The elderly previous owner told me all about the engine and was very knowledgable. I changed the oil in the engine and ran it a few times to confirm the condition. It is indeed a new motor and it is one hell of a Y block. Here is a link to a video of the engine on youtube.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBpFd0jHJQ8"]Ford 312 Y block V8 Marine Interceptor - Barn Fresh - YouTube[/ame]

The motor is valued at roughly $ 4,000 as this is what the feedback I have received by multiple vintage auto dealers and collectors. This engine is very desirable to the vintage hot rod crowd.

Asking price for boat is is - $ 3,000.00 with engine $500.00 without engine

Bruce Gerard
    Redding, Calif.
Working...
X