Launched the Saratogan a year ago the 4th

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Launched the Saratogan a year ago the 4th

Wow, tomorrow the 4th, it'll be a year ago I launched the Saratogan. It's been really fun to have the boat in the water after so many years in the shop. I've managed to get many of the bugs out of the machinery. Finally have the engines properly aligned.

Weight seems to be the biggest issue that I have to keep my eye on. The boat with minimal fuel on board and low water tanks is much livelyer than with everything full. Full fuel and water tanks add a ton of weight, although I've never had everything full. Dumped about 20 gallons of water out of the bow tank on my way back from Canada to lighten the bow a bit in a chop. Eventually I'll add a transfer pump between the two water tanks so that I can trim the boat by moving domestic water back and forth.

I'll probably haul the boat out this month and replace the zincs, and pound out a small ding in the stbd prop. Wow, the year went by fast. First oil change a week ago....guessing I have about 100 hours on the engines. Got her up to 30 mph friday on a short speed run. Boat will go from a stand-still to 30 in about seven seconds. Amazing performance for a six ton boat!

Tomorrow is my son's wife's due date...will be my first grand child! It's a boy and i don't have a clue the name that's chosen....? but probably won't be Saratogan!

More later......
    Tim
    Attached Files
    Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride
Working...
X