Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saving Classic Boats

First things first.
    For all of you that have the Eye for Classic Glass, thank you !
    Saving these old girls is something special to me as I know, once they are gone, thats it. Gone is Gone.

What most people don't seem to realize is what all is involved in saving these old girls. Most of you know that all the Skagit boats have Fiberglass stringers that never go bad. So with the Skagits and early Bell Boys that are 19 foot and larger, the only wood that goes bad is, transoms, floors, bulkheads. All replaceable for sure.

So, I have done several total restores and the most expensive was the 21 Bell Boy that came to around 47K with all new electronics and Power. Next boat show, go and look at what the newer boats cost !!.
    Once those boats come out of the yard or showroom, they will start to depreciate. The restored Classics hold there own.

I found myself having more fun restoring them than using them. But, age has now overtaken me. I am willing to share all I know and help others restore these old girls.

I have had to close my shop down and its time for me to let these old girls go to someone that will continue to save them.. I will list them soon.
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Working...
X