Just a newbie here!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a newbie here!!!

Just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself to all of you....I'm David from Silverdale, retired in 02' as a heavy equipment mechanic. Married to my lovely wife of 25 years, with eight children. Last summer I traded my little love 62 MG for our 57' Glaspar "Club Mariner". That began the ordeal. We've shamefully never even launched it yet, but she's pretty to look at. I was told quite a few things from the previous owner about how much had been spent on the restoration, condition, etc. I've since learned more than I really ever wanted to know about it. The Merc 115 was supposedly an early 80's turned out to be a 72', the rear decking supposedly had just been replaced after installing a 35 gal. stainless tank. But I pulled the carpet to find T-111 cedar siding as a patch for the tank installation....WOW!!! Even a diesel mechanic would have thought better than that. So after much work and stringer repair, urethane, caulking, carpet, paint...it's ready for the water, except for the motor, which I'd prefer to make an anchor out of. She's a beauty but I'm thinking about letting it go to someone who could really enjoy it and let it continue it's journey out on the seaways of the N.W. We recently discovered my wife has Parkinson's so we're going to move to a dryer climate and one where our lives can get the rest she so deserves. Please let us know the possibilities for a sale to anyone interested....or make an offer....thank you and God Bless all of you....David
    Attached Files

That's one cool looking Club Mariner. Sorry to hear about your wife's illness. After all that work, you might consider the possibility that they have water even in dry climates. Have friends who winter at Lake Havasu and there's a nice piece of water near Laughlin, NV. Share your woes with the big Merc. I had a smaller (65 hp) that I spent some $3,000 on and still had nothing but trouble. Gave it to my son. It seems to run fine for him. I'm guessing there will be lots of interest in your boat.
    Jerry
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Working...
    X