Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello to those of you living up by all that water!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello to those of you living up by all that water!

Hi,

I'm Chuck from Santa Barbara. I've been a boater all my life; originally back east in Connecticut. Perhaps like a lot of you; I identify with the boats and motors of my youth. So; the Glassics of the 60's and 70's are a natural for me.

Right now I own two boats; neither of which qualifies me for membership here

An aluminum rowboat from Montgomery Ward (Not FiberGlass)
    A 1977 Thunderbird (Too New)

So; In addition to wanting to meet new people...I am also in search of a new (old) boat. Maybe a Glasspar G3 or a Glastron GT??? I also enjoy wrenching on the old motors...and would love to meet others who are similarly afflicted. I'd love nothing better than pulling into a friends driveway with tools in the back of my truck; ready to bring an old engine back to life.

So; that's me. Hope to meet a bunch of you one of these days. Maybe I'll even have a qualifying boat by then....

Chuck in Santa Barbara
    1957 Cadillac w/1947 Scott-Atwater 473
    1965 Alpex w/1964 West-Bend 45
    1977 Thunderbird w/85HP Merc
    1964 Montgomery-Ward W/1978 Johnson 15

Welcome!

Hey Chuck,

Welcome to the forums! We don't discriminate against aluminum boats, or boats that have the misfortune to be built after the mid sixties. :BigWink1: The only qualification you need here is affection for old boats.

Have you visited the Golden State Glassics site yet? I'll bet someone there could point you toward a boat.

Tim

Comment

Hi Chuck.

Got lots of that old glass in my park and hide that is free for the taking but I am, like you said, Up here.

Don't forget to try our Sister club in your back yard.
      Helmar Joe Johanesen
      1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
      1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
      Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
      2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
      http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Working...
      X