help to identify

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help to identify

Steve here, living in Woodinville, moored in Edmonds at Brackets.

Found a Whitehouse boat in a friends backyard, it's been covered, seems to be in good condition etc. I have tried looking at pictures to identify it (Google images and Ebay brochures) and I see it's not that simple.

I'll be going back to take some pictures this morning. I'm wondering if there is any place on the boat to find serial numbers or other identifiers to figure out the model name?

It has the classic fins on the rear, must be 14-16ft long. It has been covered (thank god because it is fiberglass!) and appears to be in fair to good condition. I see someone has done work on the transom, both replacement of wood and fiberglass are present (looks like a good job too!)

Once it's value is determined we will no doubt sell it. I don't think this is really the proper place to leave a "for sale" type listing but I figured it might be a good place to start.

We all know the avenues of sale. I will use those usual suspects to sell it once I have more information about it. ALSO: just thinking that a boat is somewhat like a car and probably needs paperwork of some sort to be sold? We'll be working on that as well.

THANKS for any info anyone can give me! This seems to be a very friendly group! I don't blog much (not at all really) so I hope I have approached you all properly.

I see some leave a tag line here and I'll use the words of my father, some advice "If it floats or flies RENT IT" (I didnt listen to some things he told me. I had to learn on my own, and I am still learning everyday.)

SW

Check here -->

I'm old, but new to old boats, so don't know your answer. This website has a large photo gallery of classic fiberglass boats, and there are a number of White House boats listed. Take a look

http://www.theclassicboathouse.com/g...iberglass.html

Brian
    Brian Vickers
    Bainbridge Island, WA

Comment

Its kind of hard to find ID tags as it seems that every boat manufacture had there own idea on where to put them.

Value, well......Depends on how rare it is, how nice it is and IF, anyone can see it like you do.

Oh and Yes to the paperwork, you will need a title or it can be a pain to acquire.
      Helmar Joe Johanesen
      1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
      1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
      Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
      2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
      http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Working...
      X