Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New: John Denmark

Hello,

I joined this club to find others that may be able to help me with a boat I just purchased. It is a 1969 Dorsett, 16.5' cubby cabin with a left hand steering wheel. I saw a few in pictures that look simular to mine but nothing with a left hand steering wheel.

Does anyone know where I can go to research?

Welcome to the group John. Not sure what information your looking for, but here is a place to start.

http://www.fiberglassics.com/library/Dorsett
    Steve Kiesel
    1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

VIN number

Thanks for the start, already been there. I just bought this boat, last years registration card says its a 69 Dorsett but it looks like a 61 cabin cruiser from the pictures on line. two layers of glass, high side "wing", left hand drive, and I measured it at 16.5 ft. but probably just 16. Anyway, where can I find the VIN number and how would I go about looking up the year?

I can forward a photo(s) if that helps. Are these things worth much? Its pretty cool, small but plains out good (last year) and I think it looks neat. I was thinking about restoring it.

Comment

Dorsett

If you can post a picture or two that would really help to let you know what it is _ Show the stern - side view and the cabin and also the hull at the bow .

Does it look like any of these ? One is a 1960 Catalina and the other is a 1964 both 17' Dorsett Catalina's
        Attached Files
        Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

Dorsett

bham-rick,

Sorry to take so long to reply. Emergency surgery and the death of my father has taken my mind off the hunt for information.

It sorta looks like the Catalina but it has rails around the front and it is a left hand drive. It appears to be somewhere between a 58 - 61 best I can figure. Pictures to come.

I am in Nashville, TN and will be looking for someone to assist in restoring it if anyone has any suggestions.

Comment

Working...
          X