Hello from me and my 1968 Hydrodyne 1750 Speed V

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from me and my 1968 Hydrodyne 1750 Speed V

Hi everyone, just wanted to introduce myself and my 1968 Hydrodyne 1750 Speed V. I'm in the middle of a restoration project and look forward to any help the NWCBC might be able to provide. I'm told she is fairly rare and I hope to put her back to better than new. Off to a good start but struggling with finding the right size replacement windshield (cracked, fogged, and scratched) and the original old cleats in the style pictured. she has the original Ford inboard 302 Interceptor engine, Volvo Penta outdrive, and Ride Guide steering. Thanks in advance for all the great advice i'm sure the NWCBC will provide!
    [ATTACH]11447.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]11448.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]11449.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]11450.vB[/ATTACH]
    Attached Files

I would first call Jim at Alderwood Glass just up the hill from Edmonds on Hwy 99 across from Costco. 425-778-2174. I have had quite a few cabin windows and windshields done from them. Another one is Middy Products in Redmond Attn: Skip. 425-883-4600. Middy prices i think are a little on the high side, but sometimes they are the only place you can get certain things done. Chuck
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Welcome aboard.
      Winter months most of us are working on our projects (me, I seem to be working on mine year around) so lots of us around. opcorn1:

Enjoy
      Helmar Joe Johanesen
      1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
      1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
      Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
      2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
      http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Welcome to the NWCBC. I love the shape of the hual on your boat. You should be able to turn as tight as you want to at w.a.t. with no hooking. You will have a blast in that boat.
        Greg James

Comment

Originally posted by 68edmondshydro, post: 20128
          hi everyone, just wanted to introduce myself and my 1968 hydrodyne 1750 speed v. I'm in the middle of a restoration project and look forward to any help the nwcbc might be able to provide. I'm told she is fairly rare and i hope to put her back to better than new. Off to a good start but struggling with finding the right size replacement windshield (cracked, fogged, and scratched) and the original old cleats in the style pictured. She has the original ford inboard 302 interceptor engine, volvo penta outdrive, and ride guide steering. Thanks in advance for all the great advice i'm sure the nwcbc will provide!
          [ATTACH]11447[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]11448[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]11449[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]11450[/ATTACH]
          hi, my name is john weese and i remember growing up that the boat you have is a tournament ski boat that was used extensively in competive water skiing. Does your boat have 'two' air guide spedos? I know that you could find parts for the boat by advertising in the american waterski assoc or what is now known by usa waterski. When ski natique and mastercraft came out they lost favor in slalom and jump but were used still in tricks. Try usawaterski.com and place a small ad in their classified. Hope this helps. John

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for all the imput so far.... I plan on touching base with Midi and exploring the waterski background and groups. In case anyone is interested. The deck hardware on my runabout is from a company called Nautalloy. http://nautalloyproducts.blogspot.com/ - They were one of the first manufacturers of Aluminum alloy based nautical hardware. As you've already figured, they saw a future in rust-free alluminum alloy hardware. They ran from early 50's to 60's and they hardware is not uncommon, but still very challenging to find now adays. I have everything I need beside 2 more cleats (see photos). If you ever see any available, please let me know. They do come up on Ebay ever once in a while, but its unusual and can be expensive. I'm probably going to have queen city plating in Mukilteo redo more of the hardware (unless everyone here insists on another place). They really seem to know their stuff and I would recommend them to anyone looking for refinishing of any metal on their crafts. I've now gutted the whole interior and am reviewing all wiring. Adding digital depth sounder, stereo, and 12v outlet as common modern updates. I'm manufacturing myself a new dash out of a single piece of 3/4" phillipino mahagony (spelling?). Interior gunwhales and deck will be matching mahogany plywood (stained and laquered) - Martin Lumber in Everett seems to be the best place for this based on price (Seattle is very expensive). Like I said, I plan to make her better than new. She will end up being a fiberclassic with an rich mahogany interior hopefully done in about a 2-3 months. I'll try to post some phots soon of the work I'm doing. Hope some of this info helps someone else and please feel free to chime in with anything that might help me along the way! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X