Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi There! Another newbie here

Hello everyone.
    I was very happy to find a site wth lots of old (classic) boat owners. I just bought my first boat. It's a 19' Bryant runabout (fishing boat) built in 1958. It has a wooden hull with a fiberglass top and bottom. The exterier has been painted but the interier is african mohogany. It has twin Evenrude 35 hp Larks. One of them I've been able to fire up, the other looks freshly rebuilt but one of the spark plugs is stripped. I have 4 additional parts motors as well. I've been mostly working on restoring the interier at this point but have recently started sanding down the exterier paint but think I'm gonna wait on that now until the weather turns nicer and start working on the motors. Everything I know about boats I've learned in the last 3 months. I hope to learn a lot more from you guys and would like to get this in the water by next boating season. I love to fish and can't wait to get my family out in the water with this beautifull boat. As soon as I figure out how to create an album I'll post some first day and progress pics.

Welcome to NWCBC. You are at the right place for any advise you might need for anything about boats. We love to help anybody who needs help so don't be shy. We are also excited to see what progress you make. It might seem like alot of work but it will be worth it when you get done. Thank you very much for posting with us.
    Greg James

Comment

fish on!

Ahoy there CP,

Looking forward to hearing more about your Bryant, after having had a partial interest in one - it is hard to imagine that twin 35's were the killer app. back in the day. With all of your parts, are you planning on keeping the twins??

Welcome to the insanity, er' I mean club...g
      Attached Files

Comment

I think I am! I priced out a couple of new motors and thats way out of the budjet right now. I figure if I get them both running well, and one fails out in the water at least I've got the other one to get me back home with. I'm thinking I'm going to tear apart one of the parts motors first just to get a handle on how its put together. Then I'll start working on the 2 good ones (hopefully)

Comment

I managed to post a few pictures but had trouble figuring out how to create an album. They are under the catagory Merc.(dont ask me why)Its been a couple of weeks since I took pictures so I'll take some more and hopefully figure out how to create an album. Thanks for your interest in my little project.
          :Underconstruction1:

Comment

Working...
          X