New Glasply guy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Glasply guy

This past summer we bought our first boat. It's a 1980 Glasply cuddy hardtop Mercruiser 470 I/O. Lots to learn, but I'm pretty much hooked on this boat thing already! (Heaven help me.....)

Married 18 years and have two boys, 13 and 10. That makes me a Scout leader and soccer dad.

Not sure if a 1980 quite qualifies as a "classic," though I suppose being a Glasply helps, eh? To me, if it was built in a year I can remember, it's not a classic! But I've got my eye on an 60s Bellboy too, parked near a friend's place.

I told you I'm hooked.... :shocked2:

-- Tim Taylor

Tim, Welcome. I have no idea what that boat was but I am reasonably certain somebody in this club will. I have badly damaged two props trying to go as far up the Sammish Slew as I could. You would think that I would have learned the first time. That is still a fun cruz as long as you don't get to adventurous and try to go to far up. We don't have any rules on determining whether a boat is a classic or not. I think if a guy thinks his boat is a classic, it is.
    Greg James

Comment

Welcome to the group Tim

Welcome Tim. My handle is McSkagit. I have a Skagit 31 that was a 20+ year project. Glad to say I launched it last year about this time.

I ran a 23 GlasPly Cuddy Hardtop for 17 years. Used it as a tow boat. Had it all tricked out for easy single handing. Hated to part with it, but was the only way I could finish the Skagit. GlasPly are very good boats!

Welcome, Tim

Tim, aka McSkagit
      Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Working...
      X