Hi All.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi All.

My name is Joe and I am a boat-aholoic. I collect old "Classic" boats to restore and enjoy. I live in the Olympic Peninsula of Washington State.
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

re: Hi All

Hi, My name is Larry and I'm a boat-aholic. I live in Gig Harbor and have lived in Washington all of my life. I joined this site because of my love of all things vintage and in particular, boats. A friend gave me a Homelite and I noticed that this club seems to have a lot of members who appreciate this motor. I was debating weather to invest the time and energy to restore this motor but you people have finally pushed me over the edge. The darned thing is just too cool to get rid of! I recently sold my GlasPly 17 and will be keeping an eye out for a small cuddy cabin boat suitable for my Homelite project. Best regards, Larry
    Larry Ellingson

Comment

Welcome New Member

Originally posted by Twinblade, post: 2373
      Hi, My name is Larry and I'm a boat-aholic. I live in Gig Harbor and have lived in Washington all of my life. I joined this site because of my love of all things vintage and in particular, boats. A friend gave me a Homelite and I noticed that this club seems to have a lot of members who appreciate this motor. I was debating weather to invest the time and energy to restore this motor but you people have finally pushed me over the edge. The darned thing is just too cool to get rid of! I recently sold my GlasPly 17 and will be keeping an eye out for a small cuddy cabin boat suitable for my Homelite project. Best regards, Larry
      Welcome Larry.

We here have a problem with NMB.
      Its supposed to mean No More Boats but some of us, like myself, seem to think it means Need More Boats.
      Can't seem to let them go to the land fills in tiny pieces.

Bearcats, well I am a total addict when it comes to them.

We have a member, Bill Roberts (with links to his site) that has TONS of Bearcat and Homelite parts and supplies right up here in the boating capital of the USA.

Enjoy
      Helmar Joe Johanesen
      1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
      1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
      Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
      2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
      http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Welcome to the group Larry. There are other member's that live in and around Gig Harbor. I'm running a Homelite on my Glasspar Seafair. I like it.

Check the Classified section, there are several nice boats listed there that would work well with the Homelite. Have a good one.
        Steve Kiesel
        1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Welcome aboard Larry. If you've come here to end your addiction well................ Hey you wouldn't happen to have a spot to park a couple boats,just for awhile.
          1958 Skagit 20 Offshore hardtop cruiser "Kanigo"

Comment

Working...
          X