Newbie, Oregon City

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie, Oregon City

Hi all, been signed up for a month or so now, but not real active yet.

I "mostly restored" a 59 Seafair sedan several years ago and I'm still using that as my primary putting around and fishing boat. I say mostly restored because it's not up to the level of shine and polish that would warrant "fully restored".

I got her for free, rebuilt the floors and transom, refinished a bunch of mahogany, added some new mahogany in strategic places. It's the second glass boat I've rehab'd, also built a couple small wooden boats.

Right now, I'm in a bit of a funk over the boat. I still love it, but the cabin is really too small to be of much use on the water, and it sucks up a bunch of deck space. I got it thinking that it would be a good place for my young daughter to go get warm on cold days, and it worked for that, but now she isn't so little and we need more room. I've been thinking that a Sunliner style version would be better, if I can find one. So, I'll be keeping my eyes on the classifieds.

Thanks,

Chris
    59 Seafair Sedan

Welcome to the group.

Chris, if you like the Glaspar's, take a look at the Club Mariner. It's a 19ft boat. Doesn't sound that much bigger, but it's huge compared to a Seafair. I was able to drool all over one at the Mason lake outing several years ago. Really nice boat.

Here's the link to the Fiberglassic's website: http://www.fiberglassics.com/
    Click on their Glassic's Library. Fun place to browse around if you looking for another Classic. There are brochure's for Glaspar that shows the Club Mariner.

If 19ft doesn't work for you, take a look at the 20ft Skagits and Bellboys. Have fun searching.
    Steve Kiesel
    1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Thanks Steve. I actually got my Seafair off the old Fiberglassics glassifieds, so I'll keep my eye on that.

This may sound sacreligious, but I've even considered taking the cabin off the Seafair and putting in a center console. It'd be nearly perfect for Columbia/Willamette use that way...the hulls already perfect, and I know all the guts of it, since I rebuilt it all. Dunno though, it's hard to cut up a pretty boat, although I know they're not exactly rare around here. There's 3 of them on PDX craigslist this weekend alone.

Thanks again for the welcome.
      59 Seafair Sedan

Comment

For some reason I missed this one too. ??
        Welcome aboard Chris.:Skipper1:

I pretty much reside between Sandy Oregon and Quilcene Washington.
        We haven't gotten much in events in the Portland area but thinking of doing something next year for sure.

Was thinking of doing a show of boats so to speak around the Portland water front for maybe a spring opener.

Anyway, going to create a Oregon section just for events soon.
        Helmar Joe Johanesen
        1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
        1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
        Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
        2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
        http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Hi Chris,

You got some company here on the Columbia. We had a similar experience with a small cabin boat. It was good for getting out of the weather though. We'll see you out there.

Brian
          '59 Clippercraft, 35 hp Evinrude

Comment

Working...
          X