This Saturday's Event--Who's Coming?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Saturday's Event--Who's Coming?

As Chuck mentioned below, the weather forecast is great for this weekend, so we hope there will be a good turnout for Saturday's event in the Tacoma area...launching at Point Defiance, rendezvousing for a picnic lunch at Foss Waterway and seeing the Working Waterfront Museum, then running across the Sound to tour scenic Quartermaster Harbor at the south end of Vashon Island.

(For the fine print, please see the message below, "More Details, May 16 Event," posted on April 15."

Member Richard Amberson of is organizing this event; look for him in a beautiful 16' Thompson lapstrake runabout.

So...who's planning to participate this Saturday?

- Marty
    http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

I will be launching over at Gig Harbor and just coming across, Marty if you would like to look at that trailer it might be a good time to do that.

Tom

Comment

So far I don't have to work, and if all equipment stays together, I'll be launching at Shilshoal and boating down through Colvos passage.
      ChuckB
      "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." K. Grahame "The Wind in the Willows"

Comment

We will sitting this one out. Pick up the Bearcat from Bill Roberts on Sunday and will be thrashing away on the Stiletto.
        1958 Skagit 20 Offshore hardtop cruiser "Kanigo"

Comment

Originally posted by Nomad55, post: 3017
          We will sitting this one out. Pick up the Bearcat from Bill Roberts on Sunday and will be thrashing away on the Stiletto.
          Melanie, you're going to love your Bearcat. I know from your past posts that you appreciate old iron, and the Bearcats have that classic appeal in spades. The simplicity and straightforward nature of them reminds me of an old Chevy straight six. I would mention the lack of smoke, smoothness and fuel economy, but Ihave a feeling that Bill might have mentioned that ...

Tim

Comment

Yeah, I think Bill did mention that a time or 3.. And we are talking about twin Bearcats for Ye Old McChesney.
            1958 Skagit 20 Offshore hardtop cruiser "Kanigo"

Comment

Working...
            X