No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Everyone,

We're about to move to Nampa, Idaho at the end of this month, which is where my wife is from. I was in the Army for 21 years and retired two years ago. My wife, Brooke, lost her Mom this May to cancer, so it's time to go home and be with family. My father-in-law is giving us 5 1/2 acres next to Lake Lowell and we're going to build a new house. We're looking forward to going boating, because the drought here in Texas has drastically reduced the lake levels.

We recently acquired a 1969 Evinrude Rogue II 210. I traded a kid a non-running 8500w generator, a SigPro 2340 pistol and $100 for it. It is in immaculate condition, with only 163.3hrs. I have all of the manuals for it, including the Owner's Log, which shows that the boat had 90hrs, when the original owner did an oil change in 1979. There are zero soft spots, the original carpet looks brand new and the seats are near-mint.

I just finished winterizing it, washing it and put a new mooring cover, which I purchased from West Marine. It's a Taylor Made and it fits beautifully. I will need to replace the engine harness, before it goes out next Spring, because the existing wiring insulation is cracked and the corroding wires are exposed. I was lucky enough to find an NOS tilt/bilge pump/blower motor harness on eBay. I was also extremely fortunate enough to find an NOS 12-hole transom seal on eBay, thanks to a member on another forum.

The trailer was in decent shape but needed new lights and reflectors; I found them NOS on various sites. I also refurbished the Powerwinch 912 and it works great. I also refinished the teak swim platform, by using my Dremel Multi-Max with 80-grit and then several coats of Watco Teak Oil.

Here are a few pics of it.
    Attached Files
    Frederic
    Retired Army Guy
    1969 Evinrude Rogue II 210
    1960 Mercury Sabre

Welcome to the group.
    That looks like a pretty good score you made as well as should be tons of fun come spring.
    Got to love that eBay for spare goodies
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Welcome to the fun! Thanks for your service and congrats on retiring from the Army. Sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. It sounds like you'll have a nice piece of property, looking forward to some more pics of the boat in use in the future!

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly, post: 29934, member: 2323
        Welcome to the fun! Thanks for your service and congrats on retiring from the Army. Sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. It sounds like you'll have a nice piece of property, looking forward to some more pics of the boat in use in the future!
        Thanks, Kelly, it was a great career...Aviation, Special Forces, 3-letter agency and culminating with teaching new troops. My Mother-In-Law was a great woman, closest thing I had to a Mom and she is sorely missed.

Here's what our house will look like. Brooke drew up the plans on a napkin and I put them to computer.
        Attached Files
        Frederic
        Retired Army Guy
        1969 Evinrude Rogue II 210
        1960 Mercury Sabre

Comment

Working...
        X