Hi Everyone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Everyone

I have been looking at this site for a few days as my Dad suggested. I joined because we have had a 1959 Skagit 17 Express in our family for over 40 years. My Dad sold the boat to my Brother in law who was going to use it as a play house for their kid. I was really mad but kept my mouth shut. All I said if they were going to get rid of it I would buy it back. Luck was in my favor they needed money and so sold the boat back to me. No damage was done. The boat ran really well before sold. I did not understand selling it to be a play house. Have it back took a bit to get it water ready again. Took my Dad out on it caught fish made him happy -- very important. Put in under cover where it has been kept for at least 30 years. But this winter took its toll on the building in the Cougar Washington area. We lost all our out buildings. The one over the boat came down hard. Broken windshield crack in hull and a bent trailer.
    At this point I have entered an request for any info on where to find a windshield.
    Sunhunter ( Robin )

Robin

Welcome to the club. Congratulations on getting your boat back. Those are really good boats and in your case the family history makes it even better. Sorry to hear about your building coming down on it. Lots of Skagit lovers here and I'm sure someone will have windshield suggestions. Barry

Comment

Welcome to the Group Robin.

Not sure about the windshield as most are broken by now.

Might post some pictures of her..
      Helmar Joe Johanesen
      1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
      1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
      Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
      2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
      http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

59 Skagit

Sorry for not replying sooner but my father in law passed away and I have been in Mississippi trying to settle his estate. I would love to post pictures. I will get some and post. May need some assistance on how to do it have not done it before. Since my last post I did purchase sight unseen a 59 Skagit hardtop hoping the windshield would work, but was only wrong by about 7 inches. did not know any better I guess now I have two.
        Robin Owen
        Castle Rock, Wa

Comment

Hello Robin, I am new to the forum, however I will say hello anyways. Plus I grew up in Ostrander and frequented Castle Rock quite a few time in my youth.
          Congrats on getting your Boat(s)
          and My condolences on your loss
          Tom

Comment

Working...
          X