Head Count for Saturday?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head Count for Saturday?

Okay, now that we're approaching mid-week and it appears that Tim will launch the 31 Saratogan Friday afternoon/evening and have it at the Port of Friday Harbor marina all day Saturday (ready for tours and maybe even boat rides)....well, who's hoping to come to the party?

We realize there will be folks there who are not part of this group, but it would be nice to know who's planning to head for Friday Harbor with their own boat; who might be getting on the Washington State Ferry in Anacortes as foot passengers, and who might be coming by other means...like our arrival via the San Juan Express tourboat from Port Townsend, that gets into Friday Harbor around noon on Saturday.

The Washington State Ferry docks immediately next to the marina where Tim will have the Saratogan tied up. (If coming via state ferry, you'll want to catch the 9:35 a.m. sailing, arriving in Friday Harbor by 10:40 a.m.) While the general plan is to have a launch party starting at about noon on Saturday, it's likely that the day will unfold more like an open house...with folks touring the biggest Skagit all day long and maybe into the evening.

In any case, this is a very special occasion, not to be missed by anyone interested in the history of Northwest-built powerboats. Only three Saratogans were built, and Tim's is the only one to be restored...over a period of 20 long years. Rare boat, and rare case of dogged perseverance that deserves to be celebrated by one and all.

Hope to see many of you in Friday Harbor this Saturday!

- Marty
    Attached Files
    http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Battling a few alignment issues here but still hope to make it at least for a peek on Saturday. Self propelled of course.

After a recent tranny rebuilt and re-install I'm having a more difficult time that usual geting the shaft/engine aligned. While working on the alignment yesterday my back decided to mis-aligned as well. So here's to hoping all the stars align properly in the next few days. If another sea-trial goes well we will likely make the trip from Bellingham. If not we'll be with you in spirit.

Sure was hoping to see you show up in your Luhrs Marty. We'll see it eventully I'm sure.

Cheers,
    Bill

Comment

Heading up on Friday afternoon

Fran and I are planning to launch her boat on Friday around 2 pm at Anacortes and head up to Friday Harbor. We don't have anyone to buddy with, but we borrowed a new 10 horse 4-stroke kicker from my brother in case the old Merc lets us down, and I'm hanging that tomorrow. If anybody wants to join us around that time we'd love the company.

I went over to Anacortes and checked out the ramp today - what a nice facility that is! And if the weather is anything like it was today we'll have a smooth and beautiful ride. Gosh it's great to see summer coming!
      scottmcdade

Comment

I plan on taking the Anacortes ferry at 9:30 as it works out.
        Kent & Diane
        '58 Westerner

Comment

Marty, Being Saturday is Sheila's Birthday,the family is coming over in the afternoon for a birthday party. It would have been fun to come up into the San Juans with Rosario. Have a great time ! best,Chuck
          1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
          1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Judy and I will be catching the 9:30 ferry Sat. We will be staying in Anacortes Friday night. (I don't do mornings very well.)
            Kent and Diane, keep an eye out for us on the ferry.
            1959 Skagit 20 Offshore inboard

Mike and Judy Kronick

Comment

I'll be there.

I plan on launching at Skyline Marina Saturday morning and leaving the area about 0930 hrs. For those that are launching at Cornet Bay we could still buddy boat over to Friday Harbor. Skyline is only about 3 miles north of Deception Pass area.

Will anyone be joining me for a cruise through the Islands? See the previous posts titled---- June 6&7 Launch of the Saratogan----- for more details.
              1956 Enduracraft Monterey
              1976 Cal 2-27 Sailboat
              1986 Mariner XL Seakayak

Comment

We are going!

The 4 "D"s, Dreaman, Dylan, Doug and Don plan an early a.m. departure Saturday morning from Anacortes. Would enjoy the company of any other vintage boaters. Departure time is still open, depending on tides. Been waiting a loooong time for this one.................Don

Comment

D's,
                  If after the above mentioned delays in the launch of the 31', if you are still planning on going to Friday Harbor anyway, my plan was to launch between 6 and 7AM at Wa. Park to beat the 8AM 0.0 mark and 10:00 minus. I would like to buddy across Rosario with someone, so if not you all, I'll probably go to Cornet Bay.
                  ChuckB
                  "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." K. Grahame "The Wind in the Willows"

Comment

I'm Still Going

Don and Chuck-- could I go with you guys when you head west on Saturday morning? I'll be in the water about 830 to 9 AM near Washington Park. Still planning on launching at Skyline, I'm a little worried about the currents in Deception Pass, I've always gone through at slack. I think slack is at 10am and 430 pm. I think at 8am the current will be going west at 4.5 knots.
                    1976 Cal 2-27 Sailboat
                    1986 Mariner XL Seakayak

Comment

I'll wait around for you Lowell. I'll be monitoring VHS Ch 69.
                      Chuck B
                      "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." K. Grahame "The Wind in the Willows"

Comment

Saturday the 6th?

Any of you still headed this way the 6th?

As per the above thread, the Saratogan won't be in the water, but you are all welcome here. I should have some paint on the boat by then and will start the engines the first time.....

I need to know so that I can make plans...
                        Thanks,
                        Tim
                        Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Tim. As I posted on the other thread, we will still be coming up on Sat. Hope others are still coming as any day in the islands is better than most days at home. Maybe a launch party without the pressure of a real launch would a good thing. Hope to see a good turnout Sat.

Mike and Judy
                          1959 Skagit 20 Offshore inboard

Mike and Judy Kronick

Comment

Two more are coming.

Chuck and Lowell will be boating over from the Washington Park area, we should arrive close to noon.
                            1976 Cal 2-27 Sailboat
                            1986 Mariner XL Seakayak

Comment

I'm still planning on taking the ferry Sat A.M.
                              Diane can't make it , previous commitment. Mike and Judy, see you there!
                              Kent & Diane
                              '58 Westerner

Comment

Working...
                              X