Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Guy

Hello everyone,

I just found the club on the internet, plan to spend some time lurking and learning about the old fiberglass classics. I need to unload a sailboat and finish up a couple of other projects before looking for a boat.

Ed Pierson
    Vashon, WA

Welcome to the site Ed

You'd better have strong "won't" power or you'll find yourself with a classic boat or two. There must be thousands of them out there. Most need more than tender loving care. On the other hand, they are free or so cheap they may suck you in. I joined the gang about four years ago with a free 1961 Larson and I've come to agree with the person who told me you should never keep track of how much you are spending on it. Mine is unrestored but now useable and I think I'm at right around $5-6,000 for boat, motor and trailer.
    When you live on an island (I'm on Lummi), you really have to have a boat or two or maybe a few more than that!
    Jerry
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Welcome Ed.
      I am sure you will find a nice classic when the time comes as some of us, well, we just can't let them go to the crusher, So, we Hide them

Enjoy
      Helmar Joe Johanesen
      1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
      1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
      Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
      2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
      http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Re: Welcome

Thanks, guys!

Joe, that's an impressive boat collection you have listed. If I tried to collect that many my wife would have me sleeping in one of them. looks like I found the right group!

Ed

Comment

Originally posted by deltadart48, post: 3921
          Thanks, guys!

Joe, that's an impressive boat collection you have listed. If I tried to collect that many my wife would have me sleeping in one of them. looks like I found the right group!

Ed
          Hi Ed.
          Well, some of them you just can't let go to recycle in small pieces, got to keep the whole. You need to find someone that will recycle them back to the glory days.
          Only one of those are a runner, one is big enough that I could sleep on it, and I have 5 acres which I get to use 1 for boats , parking and shop.

Like others, we just pass them around and try to cover our investment costs.
          In my album (click on my name on the upper left) you should see most of them.
          Helmar Joe Johanesen
          1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
          1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
          Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
          2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
          http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Working...
          X